• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My 2 cents after watching the Presser

ladypanther

Tepper now has someone in the building that has dedicated their entire adult life and much of their youth to the game of football, either as a player or coach.  Reich has a level of credibility when he speaks that hasn't been in the building since Rivera.  Better yet, Reich has a history of success in a problem area that has plagued the Panthers for much of the team's history, finding and developing QBs.  

• Pie 9

It is an obvious plus that Reich has spent the last four-and-a-half seasons as head coach of the Indianapolis Colts prior to being let go in the middle of last season. He amassed a 40-33-1 record with the Colts and finished over .500 in three of his four full seasons. He battled quarterback turnover throughout the duration of his tenure but was generally able to lead above average offenses and above average teams.

Prior to his time in Indy, he was the whizzbang offensive coordinator of the Philadelphia Eagles that made Carson Wentz actually look good and before winning the Super Bowl with Nick Foles.

Prior to his coaching career, Reich spent several years as Jim Kelly’s backup in Buffalo before spending his last few years as a journeyman. Those journeys contained one stop with the Panthers, where he started (and lost) three games in 1995. Consider this a coming home of sorts.

• Pie 4

All I know is he needs a QB. He isn’t going to succeed without one, and a good one. He lost the team and players quit on him. His Colts team was last in points by any team I believe. I also don’t want him calling plays. Get him a good OC on the same page. That didn’t help him either.

I’m not a fan of the hire to be honest but I will feel much better if he is able to go up and get the QB he wants.

• Poo 6

26 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I think it is obvious Frank Reich would not make a good used car salesman.

He is a football guy and committed to do things (everything) the right way.

I love Steve Wilks and what he did for the team.  He was like burning incense to get the bad karma out of the building.  The players loved him because they could trust him.  He was tough and talked tough.  No nonsense.  The players needed  him...he was the anti-Rhule.

Enter Reich.  What I see separating him is the details. He will also earn the team's respect.  Not for tough talk but for how he carries himself, his relationship with them, and for his role as a teacher.  He will not only motivate them to play hard an win, he will show them how to win.  Not just win games, but win every play.  I like the way he talked about fundamentals.  This team has missed that for so long.  Reich has a vision, has the strategies, and  focuses on the details.  It is not all about him but he understands his leadership role. He is willing to be collaborative and highly values that but at the end of the day it is on him.

With Reich, what you see is what you get.  Nothing flashy just a very smart football guy. I think his coaches will love working with him and the players will love playing for him.  Fitterer and Morgan must feel like they won the lottery.

I just hope Tepper now leaves it to the football people.

Star Trek Applause GIF

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

42 minutes ago, onmyown said:

All I know is he needs a QB. He isn’t going to succeed without one, and a good one. He lost the team and players quit on him. His Colts team was last in points by any team I believe. I also don’t want him calling plays. Get him a good OC on the same page. That didn’t help him either.

I’m not a fan of the hire to be honest but I will feel much better if he is able to go up and get the QB he wants.

Did he lose the locker room or did Matty poopy pants Ryan suck so hard that the team was done with that bullshit?

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

nah, he lost the impulsive drunken Owner 

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Are you talking about a specific year for the Colts team or a total over his years as the HC?