• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article: Kyle Shanahan doesn’t see “any scenario” where Jimmy Garoppolo returns

WarPanthers89

Thoughts on him being a starter for us if we didn’t draft a QB? No trading draft picks, solid starter, and could use all of our draft picks to really build the team with picks in round one, two in round two, round three, two in round four and round 5. CMC was a huge Jimmy G Stan as well and really praised his work and leadership skills. For the record I want to draft a QB more than anything, but he would not be a bad option being that the cap is going up and we would not have to trade draft capital. 

ARTICLE:

The 49ers don’t know who their starting quarterback will be in 2023, but they know who it won’t be. Coach Kyle Shanahan ruled out Jimmy Garoppolo‘s return.

“No, I don’t see any scenario of that,” Shanahan said, via video from the team.

Garoppolo is scheduled for free agency in March. 

The 49ers were close to trading Garoppolo last offseason before the quarterback’s shoulder surgery brought talks to a grinding halt. Garoppolo ended up starting 10 games after Trey Lance was injured but saw his own season ended with a fractured foot in Week 13.

Rookie Brock Purdy finished up the year but tore the ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) in his throwing elbow Sunday in the NFC Championship game. If Purdy does not undergo a full reconstruction (Tommy John surgery), then he is expected back in six months. 

“He’s continuing to go through that process [of second opinions],” 49ers General Manager John Lynch said. “I think the positive bit of news is that it seems to be consistent that the right approach is that one that’s about that six-month one. Now, everybody will also say you never know until you get in there. Every surgeon will tell you that on every surgery. . . . They’re continuing to work through that process, but we seem encouraged by the prognosis.”

If the 49ers have Purdy back in six months, along with a healthy Lance, they will not seek a veteran starter. 

“No, we’re content enough,” Shanahan said. “I know we have two starters on our team right now that I believe we can win with. So when you have that situation, you’re not that eager to go looking around.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/01/kyle-shanahan-doesnt-see-any-scenario-where-jimmy-garoppolo-returns/

B653542A-F21B-4CDF-90EB-2A2BFA8BE260.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89

1 minute ago, The Huddler said:

Panthers are done with retreads

Its clear we are developing our own home grown franchise QB

I know we desperately want to..as do most us fans but we have a ton of teams ahead of us needing a QB and it may not play out that way. I don’t think I would be upset if we used our 6 picks in the first 4 rounds to get WR, TE, LB, DE, DT, and or C/G help (for Corbett injury) to go along with Jimmy. I think we easily won the division with that combo of the rookie QB does not pan out

• Pie 2