• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers land Evero as DC

UNCrules2187

Love....love...love. My day is made. I should go to bed now.

So much potential with our personnel and Evero. Capers seems like a no-brainer unless Payton wants to keep the wise advisor. 

I'd love to see what McCall, Roy and Brandon Smith can do in Evero's D. I think Smith can shine in a year or two when Shaq moves on. Chinn moving up closer to the LOS and finding a partner for Woods will be big. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Draft picks or not, if he is a HC hire after next season I'd say that means very, very good things for our season. 

Hopefully/maybe. Worth noting he got a ton of HC interest despite the Broncos being a dumpster fire his 1 season there… 

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

Hopefully/maybe. Worth noting he got a ton of HC interest despite the Broncos being a dumpster fire his 1 season there… 

Their defense looked solid though. If Reich and Staley can get our offense to be respectable it should be an interesting year.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

With Reich being an offensive coach, I'd say this was the most important piece of the puzzle.

On face value one might say that. But if we want to see continued offensive results his staff on offense is far more important. Reich is not a defensive coach. He’ll trust his coordinator to do the best they can but he’s going to live or die on the offensive side of the blade. 

1 hour ago, MtnJax said:

Not trading Burns is looking like a real good idea now with Evero being brought in

I’d try to lock him up long term too before he potentially explodes in a 3-4 D with competent coaching. If we don’t he could get 15+ sacks next year and we could be needing to make him the highest paid pass rusher… 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Seems like Tepper realized he needed to leave the football stuff to professional football people. His contribution is paying more than other owners 

You mean like he always has? But he didn't have as good of football minded people around him?

I'm sorry, but anybody who expected Tepper to be this no mistake making person, when we still had hurney on staff, is just a t lying to themselves.  

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Their defense looked solid though. If Reich and Staley can get our offense to be respectable it should be an interesting year.

Yeah I’m just saying he could do a great job here and get a HC job elsewhere and it wouldn’t necessarily mean we had a great season as a team for us fans to be happy about. Without a competent QB Evero coaching a great D probably won’t matter much. 

• Pie 1