• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Payton and Wilson

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He could've always stayed on the booth and tried again next year.

That was actually my expectation.

Felt like Denver went into full court press mode after they lost out in their other choices.

Edited by Mr. Scot

I understand why people don't like Wilson but the man proved many times that he can win football games.  If Payton can find anything under all that fakeness the broncos could jump back sooner than expected.  Odds aren't good and I'm rooting against it but get ready to hear all about it to start out season 2023.  

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Russell Wilson was so overrated and Denver is going to pay for making that move. Payton won’t change that.  I can see some serious infighting happening even as soon as next season

The next several years may not be a good time to be a Denver Bronco fan.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I don’t think the Wilson story is true. He’s stuck with Wilson for 3 years at a minimum. You don’t take the job if you can’t work with Wilson.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Look at the guaranteed money in Wilson's contract. You don't take that job unless you think you can fix him because you're stuck with him.

image.jpeg.0691268b8e011e970496a7271b8a8b0f.jpeg

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

His ego is larger than Wilson's. He is arrogant enough to think he can fix him enough to win with him.  Also Denver is a much better organization than Arizona.  Payton makes bank either way.

I don't think Payton has his own personal team that follows him around everywhere - Wilson's ego is larger.