• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and CJ

razorwolf

10 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I still think Stroud is the 3rd QB to come off the board.

Yeah…

I think teams are going to like Levis a lot more than the public. I’m sure he’ll interview well. He was offered scholarships to multiple Ivy League schools. 

Sometimes you just need to keep this stuff simple. Teams will fall for Levis the person and it’ll cloud their judgement on Levis the quarterback 

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

This is probably the only scenario that Carolina gets the #1 pick.  Chicago wants either Anderson or Carter and will only trade down low enough to get one or the other.  They aren't going to risk losing out on these players going down to anything below #4.  Now if Burns would be offered than that satisfies the need and would allow Chicago to go down to #9.   

That said, Burns is worth two first rounders PERIOD.   I would not give any more #1s on top of it and nothing more than day 3 picks.   They want Burns as bad as we want our choice of QB. 

You would be able to use our 2nd round pick (39) to address the HUGE HOLE we just opened up on our D-Line. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Young Levis Stroud?

That's what I'm thinking...not that CJ is below Levis. I think that Levis is the type QB that irsay wants. Just seems like too natural of a fit.

Then we only need to get ahead of the Raiders because no one knows what they are going to do. If they get Rodgers then we'll be ok, but aside from Texans, Colts and possibly the Raiders, there isn't anyone else in the top 10 going after a QB.

All along I've been saying that 2023 was the year that we take a QB in the first round. I said it when we got Baker, and even before that. This is it. There are 4 very good QB prospects in this draft, and I think one of them is going to fall in our lap at 9th. I'd rather not trade up, but we don't have enough information yet anyway. It's still early in the process.

If it takes 3 1sts to get up there, then you give up 3 1sts. F**k it 

Again, your QB coach says this guy reminds him of Burrow. They better go get the guy. Chicago won’t mind going down to 9. There will be some great offensive playmakers available for them to choose from, as they need that bad.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

If it takes 3 1sts to get up there, then you give up 3 1sts. F**k it 

Again, your QB coach says this guy reminds him of Burrow. They better go get the guy. Chicago won’t mind going down to 9. There will be some great offensive playmakers available for them to choose from, as they need that bad.

For 3 1st, they would drop to 9. 

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

IF and I mean IF CJ is the guy we think is the next Burrow, we have to trade up to 1 for him. It would be so easy for another team to jump us if we get to pick 3 or 5. We should probably do it before the draft to prevent any chaos. If we can do it and keep our 25 1st it will be a success IMO. 24 1st is probably certainly gone unless we trade a player like Burns. 

If you give away 5 picks the cupboard will be bare so what good will he do us?

30 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This is probably the only scenario that Carolina gets the #1 pick.  Chicago wants either Anderson or Carter and will only trade down low enough to get one or the other.  They aren't going to risk losing out on these players going down to anything below #4.  Now if Burns would be offered than that satisfies the need and would allow Chicago to go down to #9.   

That said, Burns is worth two first rounders PERIOD.   I would not give any more #1s on top of it and nothing more than day 3 picks.   They want Burns as bad as we want our choice of QB. 

You would be able to use our 2nd round pick (39) to address the HUGE HOLE we just opened up on our D-Line. 

Yeah we would need to sign someone like Ngakoue (Colts FA Reich should be familiar with) to offset the loss.