• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh McCown knows Sammy Well

Sam the Cat

44 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I have no problem with Sam as the backup. The number of posters that want him to be our guy going forward is  very confusing. We need to want/expect better from our franchise. Gamble on a 6th year player who still has the same issues or do like most other teams and draft one. It’s really not as complicated as people are making it.

Nobody on this board has Sam cemented as the future of our franchise. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

13 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Nobody on this board has Sam cemented as the future of our franchise. 

I am not sure we have some pretty strange people on here. One guy says he is more physically gifted than AR. Another guy claimed he was top of the league last year. Another guy claimed he will be our starter and continue to progress and develop for the next however many years. Another one claimed he did nothing wrong in his 2.4 QB rating gave. Oh wait….

Geoff Ramsey Achievement Hunter GIF by Rooster Teeth

14 minutes ago, Icege said:

Ngl, I'd be ok with it just to see a few posters implode

Will be interesting to see who (if any) between Sam, Jacoby, and Gardner gets signed here

I wonder if we need a vet QB since McCown is the QB coach. Maybe save us some money to use elsewhere? Say we draft a top QB who we want to play early. McCown seems more than capable of providing a vet presence and his job is 100% helping/developing that player. 

Darnold would be an excellent backup/bridge QB and I’m in favor of re-signing him on a salary reflecting as such. He’s not starting caliber because of the high amount of mistakes he makes, but he’s shown he can come in and play well for 3 game stretches. That’s about as much as you can ask for from a backup. 

• Pie 4

I will never understand the strive for mediocrity on this board

Sam's mental issues suddenly won't go away in his 6th year. He's a bottom 10 QB. He only could barely complete 5 passes in a dome game the last game we saw him. For fugs sake, move on from Sam and pretend he doesn't exist

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I am not sure we have some pretty strange people on here. One guy says he is more physically gifted than AR. Another guy claimed he was top of the league last year. Another guy claimed he will be our starter and continue to progress and develop for the next however many years. Another one claimed he did nothing wrong in his 2.4 QB rating gave. Oh wait….

/cdn-cgi/mirage/53104d6b7d77be61ef3bb1efd0ac72110029b9eb62e50364751d10de7e95e9c6/1280/https://media2.giphy.com/media/j0pbdnPF5C4EA2tSii/200.gif

First of all he is a better passer than AR15 that's a fact. 

Second it does take all 11 people doing their job on offense. 

If he was signed for 8mil like I want and if he improves as much next year as he did this year he'd be great.

I've said it a thousand times. 

Draft someone in the next 2 years.

Sign Sam for pennies 

Have MC9

Let the cream rise to the top.

That's a far cry from ZOMG Sign Sam to a 8yr deal 40 mil per.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Imo, if your going to keep Sam its solely with the intention of keeping him on the roster as a backup. Let him carry the clipboard and come in for 3-4 games if needed due to injury. 4 games max is his limit.

Now if he develops in the process, now you have a trade peice or possible starter. But as is, he might be the best backup we've had since Anderson. 

Or we'll let Darnold walk and settle for someone familiar like Brissett. With the hope that Young, Stroud or Levis can last to a realistic spot to trade up to. If not, I'm guessing we'll Brissett and go heavy offense in the draft. WR/TE/RB/G first 4 picks. 

I just don't see Reich banking his first draftpick on a player that probably wont play his first year (Richardson). Although there is alot of potential reward it's too much risk in the pick. Unless he has a Malik Willis type slide. I actually LOVE the Hooker/Hyatt connection. I'd take either on this roster. 

I think the problem with evaluating Darnold is some of his throws are ELITE but others are Wtf...so its puts you him in the "fixable" column. That Saints game dropped his stock rapidly and lost him alot of money.

And whoever does "fix" Darnold is going to get major credit. After typing that, It wouldnt shock me if McCown brought him back. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, kass said:

Is there really enough tape to determine if Corrall is legit? Nah. To much of an unknown. Another QB will be drafted even if a QB is signed in free agency. 

There is as much tape on Corral as there are on any QBs in this draft.  I don't know what the rules are about a coach getting with a player on their own time but Corral has been out of his boot for well over 3 months now and should be able to start throwing and working on his craft.   

Should Corral and McCown get the opportunity to work some it will greatly help in the decision on whether we HAVE to draft a QB or COULD draft a QB. 

1 hour ago, RenoCarolina said:

I would hope our team learns from niners to have depth in QB room and learns from Watson and potential Lamar deals that the path to success is drafting your guy and developing him. You can’t send off 3years of draft picks, guarantee $200M contracts to a single player AND build a team.   

It was interesting watching their relationship with Jimmy G sour so quickly at the end. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it eventually comes out that Jimmy G was healthy enough to be active during that NFC CG and the Niners staff and brass had simply already made up their minds to move on so they didn't activate him. If that happens... oh wee mayne. 🍿

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/f74cb1776f1a5a75f5996c4de6bb61b20c5e5dfb9cbd633d0b5278c6d269ec4a/1280/https://media2.giphy.com/media/j0pbdnPF5C4EA2tSii/200.gif

Huddle has proven no matter how bad a player is he will somehow have people supporting him. 
The Darnold love makes no effing sense. 

• Pie 1