• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm Sick of Losing Seasons.

Hoenheim

Will 2023 be a winning season? 🤔   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Will we have a winning season in 2023?

• Yes
    • No

Seriously man, we haven't had a winning season since 2017. That was 5 seasons ago. That's half a decade of consistent losing. 

At least before this period we were inconsistently good. 

I've been a fan since 2003 and a casual fan before that. I remember the good times but it's been entirely too long since the last good times (arguably 2015 or 2017 if you forget about getting 3x swept by the Saints) .

I see all these other teams having success and i just get frustrated.  I even have a cynical look on the Super Bowl. I dont fuging understand why we have to consistently watch incompetence inconsistency and ineptitude.

Do you think we will have the first winning season in 6 years in 2023? Or will we have to wait longer?

Will Reich finally lead us to consecutive winning seasons?

I know a lot of this is connected to whether we get a good QB too. I really don't know how i feel about our chances of being able to do that without trading the farm for a top 3 pick, and you shouldn't assume we'll be able to do that like a ton of people seem to be. But I understand the frustration with constantly cycling through QBs other teams got rid of.

I think Teppers in deep poo if this Reich move doesn't work in the first two seasons. The casual interest for the teams gotta be bottomed out if this doesn't work imo, at least a new staff and QB will temporarily spark interest.

I would have expected this sort of post during the midst of Rhule's reign of terror, but not now, not today.  Seeing all the talented and experienced coaches being hired during the last few weeks should give all Panthers fans renewed hope of great things to come.  It should also be taken as a positive sign that David Tepper is capable of admitting when he's wrong and willing to take the steps needed to correct his errors.

In short it is all good.  Enjoy the ride.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I would have expected this sort of post during the midst of Rhule's reign of terror, but not now, not today.  Seeing all the talented and experienced coaches being hired during the last few weeks should give all Panthers fans renewed hope of great things to come.  It should also be taken as a positive sign that David Tepper is capable of admitting when he's wrong and willing to take the steps to correct his errors.

In short it is all good.  Enjoy the ride.

I'm concerned what the implications of bringing in a rookie QB means. It means we are yet another 2 or 3 years away. I don't want Matt Rhule's seven year theory to be proven correct.

• Pie 1

Im genuinely an optimistic sort when it comes to the Panthers.  I think every season we have a chance and I rarely let myself fall into the mindset that we are going to suck or that we are going to get massacred in a game or season.

Thats not to say I get excited either.  I learned long ago with this team to not let them push me too far emotionally in either direction.

I haven't been this excited in a very long time just based on the staff that Reich is assembling.

Just now, TheMaulClaw said:

I'm concerned what the implications of bringing in a rookie QB means. It means we are yet another 2 or 3 years away. I don't want Matt Rhule's seven year theory to be proven correct.

I certainly hope we draft our long term solution at QB this year or next, but I'm not expecting instant gratification.  Part of the enjoyment of the game is watching players mature and eventually dominate their positions.  That usually takes a few seasons to come to fruition.  

When it comes to Rhule, all you have to do is look at all the 1 and 2 year turn arounds of former cellar dwelling teams to realize his theory about needing 7 years is nothing but BS.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I certainly hope we draft our long term solution at QB this year or next, but I'm not expecting instant gratification.  Part of the enjoyment of the game is watching players mature and eventually dominate their positions.  That usually takes a few seasons to come to fruition.  

When it comes to Rhule, all you have to do is look at all the 1 and 2 year turn arounds of former cellar dwelling teams to realize his theory about needing 7 years is nothing but BS.

Yeah, we weren't good Cam's rookie year but you could see where things were going. We were competitive, the games were exciting to watch. It was very clear that we had a lot of reason for hope. I want that again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2