• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr’s destination betting odds

ncfan

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't hate it even though I'm admittedly very tired of the retread carousel. I do like Carr and I honestly think he's a borderline top 10 QB in this league.

#9 is likely too far down the board to get the QB we want so we're left with either pursuing a costly trade up or chasing Derek Carr. Might as well make a run at Carr first.

Or trade our entire future for Lamar. That's the route I definitely wouldn't go.

Or how about we just draft a QB?

There is no upside with Carr. Good guy but not someone who can be a consistent playoff QB. We need a franchise QB not another castoff QB who happens to be 32 years old!

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Or how about we just draft a QB?

There is no upside with Carr. Good guy but not someone who can be a consistent playoff QB. We need a franchise QB not another castoff QB who happens to be 32 years old!

I don't want to draft a QB just to draft a QB. At #9 you're leaving a lot to chance. Drafting the QB we want likely means having to trade up.

• Pie 3

Carr has already peaked in his career. A lot of posters on here make good points that he had arguably the best WR in Adams and they did put up stats, but they also didn't WIN! If Carr comes here, yes he would be the biggest upgrade we've had at QB so far but don't let that fool you. There is a reason why Kirk, Dak, Lamar, Carr haven't made deep playoff runs! They put up numbers and stats no doubt, but they are not winners! Why is Burrow/Mahomes/Allen consistently in the AFC championship picture year after year? Go for the home run, don't settle for Carr. 

• Pie 1