• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young might not be able to see over the offensive lineman’s hip pads.

electro's horse

25 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Batted balls everywhere. 

The last month I've been saying, when the combine/pro day happens and teams get an up close look at his stature it's not too far fetched to think he might slide to 9. 

I think the public/draftniks look at that more than most teams. It really depends on what kind of system you are trying to run.

There is a long history of very successful sub-6 foot QB's. Including a couple of HOFers.

As many have pointed out, one of the leaders in batted balls was Josh Allen. Batted balls is less about height and more about awareness. 

But, I sincerely hope the slide to 9 is related to frame and not playing ability. I would be all over that.

• Pie 3

I mean Bama has the nearest thing to an NFL OL that exists in college football. Was never an issue.    It’s not like we haven’t seen 6ft QBs before.   Either you can play or you can’t.  

batted balls to me at the highest levels IMO is more about O scheme

I mean, giant QBs have struggled with it at times.  Big Ben late, Cam in New England, etc.  

• Pie 4

42 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the public/draftniks look at that more than most teams. It really depends on what kind of system you are trying to run.

There is a long history of very successful sub-6 foot QB's. Including a couple of HOFers.

As many have pointed out, one of the leaders in batted balls was Josh Allen. Batted balls is less about height and more about awareness. 

But, I sincerely hope the slide to 9 is related to frame and not playing ability. I would be all over that.

Height isn’t his biggest issue. It’s his small frame.

Guy will need a top 5 OL just to make it through a season.

• Pie 1