• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith: "I asked for a release."

MechaZain

15 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

This is opposite all the reporting that was ever done about his release, including things he himself said. 

think smith miiiiight be revising history a tad. 

Maybe but both could be true too. He says release but he's talking about a trade request. He probably didn't expect to be let go after deciding against it.

Either way, knowing Smith had a foot out the door redeems the move and Gettleman a lot in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Maybe but both could be true too. He says release but he's talking about a trade request. He probably didn't expect to be let go after deciding against it.

Either way, knowing Smith had a foot out the door redeems the move and Gettleman a lot in my eyes.

Gettleman has been garbage x2 nothing is going to redeem him. He sucks at drafting and has too big of an ego. 

• Pie 7

29 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

It redeems nothing in regards to gettlemagic.

31 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Smith had openly talked about retiring after 2013, which probably drove some things the team did before that. I'm not saying Carolina handled it the best, but Smith was already winding down.

Having encountered Smith a few times, I can endorse the fact that he is an asshole.  He has the MHS Grade A++ Gold-plated seal as a 5'7" custard launcher and advanced certification in Rectal Spelunking.

Here is what everyone forgets about Smitty: Name a rookie WR who did well here while he was here?  I saw him verbally abuse Dwayne Jarrett all day long at an OTA--Spoke to Jarrett about it after the practice, and he was biting his lip he was so pissed off.  He slapped my hand when I offered it to support him, and he slapped it hard.  It made me think about Smith's altercations with teammates (fists).  I know Clausen sucked, but he went after him in public-not the professional way of addressing that issue.  While his stats and performance as a player were solid, what did it cost this team because he sucks as a person and teammate? Hard to say. 

• Pie 7
  • Poo 2