• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person: "Staff of Aces"

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

To me, these staff hires just go to show that Tepper's not the fool that many of you thought that he was.

I tried to tell you guys that it was a process. He was a brand new owner that needed time to learn. Who knew? 

/cdn-cgi/mirage/8fde5dca59f25768fa42caeef5a6e6e8800846482a7b4eaab6ee7942318b673f/1280/https://media0.giphy.com/media/J4IQ524gwsgjm4BU68/200.gif

He is proving me wrong, can’t wait to see what else he does. 

• Pie 3

It remains to be seen how all the different alpha personalities will mesh but you have to be excited with this staff. Not only great coaches but several with real ties to the Panthers. Capers and his unfinished business.  Reich leading the team again after almost 30 years. Now let's find that qb or three....

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Favorite quote from this article...

"...further from the charred remnants of the Matt Rhule era."

Kudos to Person for "charred remnants". That's an image I'll associate with the Matt Rhule era from here on out 😄

Rhule wouldn't be qualified as an assistant position coach on this staff lol. Doesn't mean all the chemistry and everything will work in the long run, but I don't see any grifters except maybe that green beret guy who is probably just a last filter for roster decisions

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

It remains to be seen how all the different alpha personalities will mesh but you have to be excited with this staff. Not only great coaches but several with real ties to the Panthers. Capers and his unfinished business.  Reich leading the team again after almost 30 years. Now let's find that qb or three....

Capers and Caldwell are getting close to happy to sit back and just give advice, younger guys are learning. It's definitely a lot of guys with opinions but it seems like a mature enough bunch to focus on collectively getting better than pointing fingers. We're still working through Rhule ptsd

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

To me, these staff hires just go to show that Tepper's not the fool that many of you thought that he was.

I tried to tell you guys that it was a process. He was a brand new owner that needed time to learn. Who knew? 

Starz GIF by BMF

Tepper definitely had significant missteps with Rhule and hopefully learned from them.  No way to know how this new regime will fair but the approach resembles an organization going in the right direction.  I think he was fairly hands off and let Rhule running the show.  Problem was Rhule was a micromanager and had no clue about building an NFL staff or team.

Reich, Fitt and the staff are competent and have the background it takes to take this club to the next level.  Tep has to see the sharp contrast.   If his role is to stay engaged to understand the goings on and write checks then he will probably see a good return on investment. 

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Rhule wouldn't be qualified as an assistant position coach on this staff lol. Doesn't mean all the chemistry and everything will work in the long run, but I don't see any grifters except maybe that green beret guy who is probably just a last filter for roster decisions

He's there to help them identify leaders. To identify the guys who are me first types so the team will know what they are getting if they draft or sign them. That's a pretty good thing to know before you throw a ton of cash and responsibility at a player. 

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Oh, he's no grifter. Neither is he just a filter.

He's not just there to evaluate guys but to help develop them, and with a resumé like his he'll command respect.

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, top dawg said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/fca5f8343d5e151eec9f086213a99e9631041342c38fd104d3f1df356d4f8a92/1280/https://media0.giphy.com/media/J4IQ524gwsgjm4BU68/200.gif

he’s learning what everyone already knew though, at the expense of fans, then wants kudos for fixing his dumbassery and so you give it to him? Lol that’s why fans are like wtf

he solidified the worst down in 30 years

wtf are you saying

this all star staff were signed to less time than Rhule too lol and Rhule’s GM is still here

these hires prove Reich has been in the game a long time and is connected that means…exactly that

i may have high standards but a winning season might be needed before we claim Tepper is a genius. I’ll even take .500.

• Pie 1