• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Todd McShay seems to really like Anthony Richardson

Dorian Gray

Or, at least, his potential.

"Frank Reich has got — if this were to happen, he's got to have a plan. He's got to have a veteran and trust the fact that he's going to need at least one year (of sitting behind and learning). But Anthony Richardson could turn out to be Jalen Hurts or one of these top quarterbacks in the league, so I think he's got a chance to be special — but he's not ready yet."

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2023-NFL-Mock-Draft-Tennessee-QB-Hendon-Hooker-highlights-two-round-CBS-Sports-projection-205037645/#205037645_9

I think with this coaching staff in place, we'd be a great landing spot for him to develop. Which is weird to say after sitting through 3 years of Rhule's QB diarrhea carousel. 

• Beer 1

In terms of potential outcomes he would have the highest ceiling both talent wise and for our team because we can probably get him at 9 and keep our picks.

I just am not sure we can take the risk in our situation, very few QBs with a completion % as bad as him have gone top 10. It’s like Lance and Allen would be the only comps if he actually goes that high.

I guess on the other side of it if he fails at 9 it’s less damaging than trading multiple firsts and having that guy fail.

It’s an interesting puzzle, if we take him I’ll be both nervous as hell and a little excited that Reich thought he could unlock him. 

I’d prefer to just move up for one of the two guys I feel are safer, but I also kind of worry we are going to trade up for Levis and I’d rather just sit at 9 and see if he or Richardson fall in that case probably.

Edited by stan786
  • Beer 2

I'd rather have Richardson at 9 then Stroud/Young at 1 with what it will take. However if things get crazy and Stroud/Young is still there at 5 I think you have to go get him. I think the pre draft is always QB crazy and we know the Colts are stupid so I could see

1) Jalen Carter - Bears: stay put after all the trade back talk and stick to their roots and go defense

2) Young - Texans: Nothing to be said here, best QB in the draft as of right now. 

3) Will Anderson Jr. - Cardinals: New defensive head coach and the best player in the draft, prob a no brainer if he's there. Dark horse - Quentin Johnston cause Kyler throws a fit for a new WR

4) Levis - Colts: Do their thing and take the guy who got hot throwing in shorts and t shirts at pro day

5) Stroud - Panthers: First trade of the day, give up one of our 2nds this year, 9 this year, 1st next year and 3rd next year.  Alternative - Colts go Stroud and we do the same to move up for Levis (where at that point I'd rather stay at 9 for AR)

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

If this coaching staff and FO love him, take him at 9, no issues there.

However, he will need a year of sitting, and likely more.

Fine by me, invest in the future....but you need to win now, and we will need a good Vet if we go this route.

Rivers sat for 2 years, Rodgers sat for 3.

• Pie 3