• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In-Depth Film Evaluation on QB Anthony Richardson

Saca312

17 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

I think RB,WR are way bigger needs than TE, but we can 

Address all those 

Positions easily.

After watching last season you're more concerned with our RB's and WR's than TE? If you get a legit Olsen/Kelce/Kittle everything else opens up. I'd take AR over any of those positions if he's there at 9 in this draft. Seems like it's shaping up to pick 5-40 are about the same year one impact unless you are severely lacking at a certain position

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

After watching last season you're more concerned with our RB's and WR's than TE? If you get a legit Olsen/Kelce/Kittle everything else opens up. I'd take AR over any of those positions if he's there at 9 in this draft. Seems like it's shaping up to pick 5-40 are about the same year one impact unless you are severely lacking at a certain position

Yes I am , we need  another rec and a rb.

The te play was directly affected by who was in charge of the offense.I dont have any doubts the new regime can utilize them more effectively.Sure we can upgrade as that goes along the same line of thinking I have for the oline.Moving to the next tier but if we dont I think the coaching change alone will show the real reason you were disappointed in the TE play.

IMO you have to go into the selection of a QB thinking that they won’t improve. From there you gotta think if what they are now will succeed in the NFL or not.

Mental processing speed isn’t something that can be easily coached in or trained. Typically players who can’t handle the speed coming in, never can.

Accuracy isn’t easily fixed as you are trying to change someone’s deep rooted muscle memory. Typically inaccurate passes will remain at the bottom the passing stats.

Same with physical, everyone has a limit so making a dramatic improvement on their manoeuvrability is very unlikely.

This is why a smart offensive coach and system is so critical as they excel at putting players in positions that prioritises their strengths and hides weaknesses.

So, if AR made marginal improvements on his game… but largely remained what he is, would he win games and potential of a Super Bowl?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

Teams are going to try to outsmart everyone else and Levis and AR will go before Stroud. My best case scenario is those two ball out at the combine and Stroud is a bit lackluster.

Honestly dream scenario. Stroud is my favorite of the bunch, would love that to happen.

11 hours ago, Saca312 said:

At this point, it seems highly unlikely the Panthers will have a shot at moving to where they can grab Stroud or Young. With the non-QB needing teams who want to trade also likely to more enamored by one of the top defensive prospects, teams ahead will likely get either Young or Stroud before the Panthers have a shot.

Resultingly, that leaves the likes of Anthony Richardson and Will Levis.

With the Combine underway, the hype for Richardson should soar if past history should repeat itself. His athletic potential will be off the charts, and once his film is dissected, may be more favorable to be one of top eight QBs picked.

With Richardson and Levis most likely within firing range, I figured I'd search around for any film evaluation on him.

Ian Wharton does the job again, dissecting all of Richardson's games from last year. He has a different, more optimistic outlook on Richardson, in which he may be more pro-ready and fixable early than thought. His highs, obviously, are tops in the league, and the prevailing question is whether he can put it together early.

Similarly to Cam Newton, seems Richardson may have a bit of misconceptions about his game. He is a better passer than given credit for, and seems a lot of issues stemmed from Florida's more QB-less friendly scheme and bad luck.

Sure, he has work to do with mechanics and high throws. That has been highlighted, but he also shows a lot of good too - more than most would think.

Overall, these seem to be Ian's thoughts and I certainly think he brings forth a good perspective. Feel free to grant your own opinion too and look through this thread, it's full of great stuff.

If the Panthers do not get Stroud or Young, I certainly wouldn't mind Richardson. Funnily enough, I'd be content with any of the top 4 QBs, as I feel all have great potential to be the future. With the Panthers coaching staff and direction, any QB chosen will have a great situation to grow and improve, and despite Richardson's raw attributes, everything appears coachable and I'd say potentially ready by day one.

I watched a lot of Billy Napier offense the past five years. There is nothing "unfriendly" about that offense. Sorry, if Levi Lewis can throw for almost 3,000 yards and run for a few hundred at 5'10 at Louisiana while Richardson completes 52% of his passes, that's a Richardson issue.

That offense is all bootlegs, play action, and spacing. It's not hard. It's not unfriendly.

5 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

He is an awful quarterback. Period.

He wasn't great or even good, but he has the enticing tools. The question is whether or not our guys think that they can fix him. Some QBs can be fixed to a franchise level like Allen and Hurts. I'm not saying that AR can, but maybe Reich and company will. I will criticize them if he turns out to be a bust though, as valuable draft capital is too important to simply waste on a boom-or-bust type of prospect. That's what day three is for.

Said it yesterday I have this weird feeling Richardson is the QB they want to develop.

I personally would rather have Stroud or Young. But it seems like Richardson stock is rising because of his potential. I wouldn't be shocked if he is the 1st QB off the board. Too many people been saying he will be the first QB taken.

Dan Orlovsky mentioned this on NFL Live that he would take Richardson #1. Then the rumors of him almost taking a coaching job with the Panthers a few days ago and he is excited about what we are gonna do in Carolina. Im just connecting the dots...

• Beer 1