• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers will 100% trade up and draft a QB

GOAT

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

The social media has constant content on QB prospects and mock drafts. They always tip their hand.

I remember going to the Hornets draft party in 2014 and the PR folks had cutouts of draft options that attendees were supposed to vote on as most likely picks.

We ended up drafting Cody Zeller, who wasn't one of the cutout options available to be voted on.

That's about how in tune I think social media / PR folks are with regard to the plans and draft strategy of the FO

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, La Pantera said:

Trading up to #1 isn't happening. The Bears aren't going to miss out on the top defender. And that for sure happens if they drop to #9 IMO Texans and Indy Battle it out for #1. 

QBs could very well go 1&2. Leaving us trading up for the 3rd option? 

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, La Pantera said:

Trading up to #1 isn't happening. The Bears aren't going to miss out on the top defender. And that for sure happens if they drop to #9 IMO Texans and Indy Battle it out for #1. 

QBs could very well go 1&2. Leaving us trading up for the 3rd option? 

For three first round picks, they sure will move out of first. 

• Pie 2

It feel like we either trade the farm this year for a QB or we trade the farm next year for a QB. 

However I would assume that if we sign ANY bridge QB this year to draft a guy NEXT year we will have a worst draft position next year meaning it will cost more. 

To hell with it. Lets get #1 or #3 over all. 

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

For three first round picks, they sure will move out of first. 

The way I see it is like this. The Bears are interested in getting the most picks for the 1st overall.  Inside the top 10 they could pull the most from the Panthers.  Do the want to drop that far down this draft? 

Anyone behind use will have to throw in much more. Do the Bears want to drop even further down in this draft? I doubt it but future picks from another team the may not be as good so the future picks may be higher could play a factor. 

In reality I think the Panthers wait the Bears out on those picks if a team ahead of us is bidding.  That team will have to give up more than the Panthers and thus overpay for that pick.

My speculation is the the Panthers will wait until a few minutes before the 1st pick is on the clock and they will make the Bears an offer.  If by some chance either Young or Stroud are available at 3 they will be in the phone with Arizona. They could still try for pick 3 even if those 2 are gone just for a shot at Levis. 

If all that fails I think they sit tight and see who drops in their lap.  I just cannot see them trading up unless there's a chance at the top 2, maybe 3.

Edited by Jon Snow