• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jalen Carter may be dropping after this

1 minute ago, Billy Love said:

dead driver of the other vehicle reported blood alcohol concentration = .197, over double the limit. I have not seen any reports on Carters blood level.

I saw a report the he did not have alcohol in his system at the time. How the knew that after he left the scene I do not know. Unless the officer tracked him down within a half hour of the wreck.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I hadn't followed the story closely but would they even have been able to get a blood alcohol reading on him since he reportedly fled the scene?

Depends on how soon they found him.  Considering the BAC of the deceased I would assume if he were drinking with them it would be detected in his system more than a couple of hours later.  If he had very little to drink it probably wouldn't show up an hour later.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I hadn't followed the story closely but would they even have been able to get a blood alcohol reading on him since he reportedly fled the scene?

Alcohol metabolizes at a predictable rate.  Just because they cant/didnt test on the scene doesnt mean they cant make a determination hours later.

45 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Alcohol metabolizes at a predictable rate.  Just because they cant/didnt test on the scene doesnt mean they cant make a determination hours later.

Where is stated that he was tested?  Reports I have read says "didn't appear to be drinking" by....Athens police.  You don't think the cops knew who he was? Unless they took him to the hospital for a BA or toxicology test, I call BS on this one. He just got to go home after he admitted that he lied to the cops and two people were dead. 

7 minutes ago, gofightwin said:

Where is stated that he was tested?  Reports I have read says "didn't appear to be drinking" by....Athens police.  You don't think the cops knew who he was? Unless they took him to the hospital for a BA or toxicology test, I call BS on this one. He just got to go home after he admitted that he lied to the cops and two people were dead. 

My comment was more to the general notion that you dont have to blow at the scene or have blood drawn immediately for a medical professional to say that 8 hours ago your BAC was at X.XX.

Dont know the particulars of Jalen's situation and didnt mean to put forth info that was specific to this case

• Pie 1