• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlie Campbell: Panthers love Bijan Robinson

thunderraiden

23 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

I hate it too but his sources are pretty legit when it comes to Carolina.

He isn't mocking Bijan to us, just kinda revealing a little about our big board. If we get Carr then there is a much higher risk of this happening. A lot of teams consider Bijan the best player in the draft, full stop, but I can def see Carolina talking themselves into #1 player at pick 9 being great value.

From the rumor mill, apparently Robinson is near the top of most draft boards in terms of overall prospect quality. It's also unlikely he ends up being a top 10 pick.

It would be a very Panthers thing to do to draft another RB in the top 10. Have people not learned anything? We just had a journeyman RB rip off multiple 100+ yd games with multiple TDs because our o-line was mauling people. If you have a good o-line, it doesn't matter who is back there. Rounds 3-6 for RBs. That position is devalued in today's NFL.

• Beer 1

I think every GM in the league has Bijan in their top-5 overall players/talent. 

The article says if they don't go QB in R1, but doesn't say at 9. Fitts even eluded to trading back at his presser, so I could easily see where Carolina doesn't get a QB (for cost, their guy is gone, etc.) .... and drafting Robinson after a trade back. 

Especially if we sign Carr and have to choose between Boze and Foreman. Keep the OL intact and bring in a talent like Robinson in the teens. Done.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I think every GM in the league has Bijan in their top-5 overall players/talent. 

The article says if they don't go QB in R1, but doesn't say at 9. Fitts even eluded to trading back at his presser, so I could easily see where Carolina doesn't get a QB (for cost, their guy is gone, etc.) .... and drafting Robinson after a trade back. 

Especially if we sign Carr and have to choose between Boze and Foreman. Keep the OL intact and bring in a talent like Robinson in the teens. Done.

Thats the dilemma. I love bijan and hes been my #2 since four months ago. Still RB value shows you can get close to the same production in the 4th-UDFA groups and the FA bares the same deal. 2.5 mill for 1k and 8 TDs >>>> 14mill 1.3k and 10 TDs. Its the safety spot on offense and been that way since the panthers were drafting dwil and stew. 

I believe finessserererererere knows this and ready to adjust. I know most hated chubba, but after the boze at C, he looked great for 4th rounder. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

From the rumor mill, apparently Robinson is near the top of most draft boards in terms of overall prospect quality. It's also unlikely he ends up being a top 10 pick.

Yeah, the RB position is killing Robinsoon, he is the most talented player in this draft, i still thinks the staff values him less than the top 4 QBs but what if the bears and cards want too much? Carolina still needs to have a top 9 board if they cant trade up. If its 4 QBs and 3 defensive players and Meyers and their #1 WR they still have to have a target for #9 in case they cant trade back and I feel like that is what this report is telling us, that Bijon and Tyree Wilson is the floor.

23 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Thats the dilemma. I love bijan and hes been my #2 since four months ago. Still RB value shows you can get close to the same production in the 4th-UDFA groups and the FA bares the same deal. 2.5 mill for 1k and 8 TDs >>>> 14mill 1.3k and 10 TDs. Its the safety spot on offense and been that way since the panthers were drafting dwil and stew. 

I believe finessserererererere knows this and ready to adjust. I know most hated chubba, but after the boze at C, he looked great for 4th rounder. 

Agreed about the value. 

Last year, I loved Breece Hall. Guys like that and later can be found for way cheaper. I think if we draft our QB, we bring back Foreman. If we sign Carr, I don't think we can.

A RBBC with ??? + Chuba + Blackshear will be outstanding with this coaching staff. I also think they will know how to use Laviska in the backfield in that Cordarelle Patterson swiss army way. 

• Beer 1

I wouldn't mind him (or JSN) at 9 if the QBs are gone. If here were in this draft with Barkley, CMC, Fournette, Zeke, and (Even if I think he's the most talented of the ones I listed) Gurley, he'd still get drafted ahead of all of them. He's a TE at HB and for an offense that needs playmakers, you could do worse.

Question is how much the whole "nnnnnngh no HBs in the first" type of guy you are.

1 hour ago, thunderraiden said:

Yeah, the RB position is killing Robinsoon, he is the most talented player in this draft, i still thinks the staff values him less than the top 4 QBs but what if the bears and cards want too much? Carolina still needs to have a top 9 board if they cant trade up. If its 4 QBs and 3 defensive players and Meyers and their #1 WR they still have to have a target for #9 in case they cant trade back and I feel like that is what this report is telling us, that Bijon and Tyree Wilson is the floor.

I would genuinely be upset to take him in the first round. We literally just rectified the previous mistake doing that so going back to that well seems so obviously foolish.