• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson draft stock

NAS

This is that media hype that happens every year that im not sure I believe.   He tested great, everyone knew he would.  Im not sure why that would jump him up a lot.  Most nfl teams weigh tape a lot higher than verticals and broad jumps.   Did he help himself?   Sure, I'm just not as sure if its as drastic as everyone getting caught up in the track numbers.  In the throwing drills you could clearly see he needs some work.  Call me crazy but i think a qbs throwing and game tape is a lot more important than their vertical in tights.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

AR is built like Derek Henry.  He is a unicorn QB if he can be developed correctly. Wouldn't shock me if he ends up going #1 overall based on his physical traits.

Derek Henry was a running back.  My qb being built like a running back is the least of my concerns.

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Richardson was +2200 to be the first QB selected just a couple of weeks ago. Now at +350 I have a cashout option 

I like Stroud at +400 now

I have to believe that’s a Vegas trap. Especially with it being early March. They are taking on the slew of bets coming in from his combine performance. It will all balance out come mid April.

So, just to remind everyone many people were putting a top 10 grade on Malik Willis last year. don’t get too caught up in the physical attributes hype.

The main point of the combine is to look for red flags, or if you’re 50/50 split on someone too find some sort of deciding factor to pick one over another. That’s it. 

when it comes to QB’s you’re picking them based on 1. Potential 2. Risk. And of their risk of what kind of risk is it?

Only player Richardson has jumped in my opinion is Levis and that’s only because of his super weird milk phobia. That’s a red flag on Levis’s part not due to anything Richardson has done.

my Top 3 QB’s

1. Stround - high potential and lowest risk (has NFL size and skills)

2. Young - Highest potential and moderate risk due to size

3. Hendon Hooker - his main negative are the ACL(which he had a good update at the combine) and his Age.

After that it’s a crap shoot honestly. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I mean, was anyone not expecting this kid to light it up yesterday? That kind of stuff is made for athletes like him. He’s never been questioned as an athlete. He’s been questioned if he can be more accurate in the NFL than he was in college. Not a lot of kids can do that. 

Josh Allen is the only 1 that did it.  His accuracy remains a major concern

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I mean, was anyone not expecting this kid to light it up yesterday? That kind of stuff is made for athletes like him. He’s never been questioned as an athlete. He’s been questioned if he can be more accurate in the NFL than he was in college. Not a lot of kids can do that. 

That’s why in that regard he reminds me of Josh Allen who was also criticized for not being accurate in college. 

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

That’s why in that regard he reminds me of Josh Allen who was also criticized for not being accurate in college. 

I think the comparisons are valid. My hesitation with AR is that Josh is a unicorn in the fact that he got much better in the NFL. That typically does not happen to QBs. At least in terms of accuracy. 

• Pie 1