• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears spoke to 3 teams at the combine about the first overall pick: know they can get 1sts in 2024 and 2025

Varking

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Will you please follow the context. It was referring to a post saying wait until next year for Williams and Maye. I’m saying that isn’t an option. 

It was in context - why are people advocating we trade away 3 years of first round picks for lesser prospects?

If any of the current crop were seen as franchise QBs the Bears wouldn't be trading out. 

• Pie 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

It was in context - why are people advocating we trade away 3 years of first round picks for lesser prospects?

If any of the current crop were seen as franchise QBs the Bears wouldn't be trading out. 

It was in response to wait until next year for Williams or Maye. That option isn’t realistic. I’m not saying we have to trade 3 firsts. You have some serious tunnel vision man…

30 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

First, technically it would be trading away two years of first round picks, as we'd be receiving back a first round pick this year.

Second, you assume the Bears can accurately grade a QB, and would overcome their sunk-cost fallacy and make the "logical" decision to move on from Fields.

Third, it's not about how good the prospects actually are, it's how NFL teams perceive how good they are. Caleb Williams may be the next Mahomes, or he may be the next Zach Wilson. But if teams perceive that he's the next Mahomes, then that top pick is not going to be for sale, regardless of how good he actually ends up being. There's no perception with this class that there's a Manning/Luck/Lawrence prospect, which is why the pick is being talked about as up for grabs.

Edited by travisura
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

The Athletic Bills writer has a pretty swervy mock draft recently without a trade happening and we miss on the top-4.  We land:

Jordan Addison WR, Nolan Smith EGDE/LB & Hendon Hooker QB, Calijah Kancey DT

https://theathletic.com/4291178/2023/03/10/buffalo-bills-mock-draft-offseason/

Points for being different

Addison at 9 should get fitt fired

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Martin said:

I think it is absolutely normal to be a bit of a homer and defend your guys. But would you really draft him in the top 10?

I’ve stated countless times dating back to last season I would draft Stroud first and Young second. I would be fine with drafting any of the four guys in the top ten. How does that make me a homer?

10 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

The Athletic Bills writer has a pretty swervy mock draft recently without a trade happening and we miss on the top-4.  We land:

Jordan Addison WR, Nolan Smith EGDE/LB & Hendon Hooker QB, Calijah Kancey DT

https://theathletic.com/4291178/2023/03/10/buffalo-bills-mock-draft-offseason/

Points for being different

If we can’t get a QB in the first round I will be riding that trade back wagon. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I’ve stated countless times dating back to last season I would draft Stroud first and Young second. I would be fine with drafting any of the four guys in the top ten. How does that make me a homer?

I didn’t say you wanting him in the top 10 made you a homer. I said defending your guys is very common, a lot of people do that. I’m a Tar Heel and I defend UNC players as well. But that doesn’t mean I’d take them in the top 10. Good grief people are sensitive, I don’t think I could have written my question any nicer or clearer.

1 minute ago, Martin said:

I didn’t say you wanting him in the top 10 made you a homer. I said defending your guys is very common, a lot of people do that. I’m a Tar Heel and I defend UNC players as well. But that doesn’t mean I’d take them in the top 10. Good grief people are sensitive, I don’t think I could have written my question any nicer or clearer.

You literally used homer in your post quoting me. No need to spazz out. A lot of people have Will in the top 10 so I am far from alone. 

54 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

You literally used homer in your post quoting me. No need to spazz out. A lot of people have Will in the top 10 so I am far from alone. 

Hahaha, I inferred that everyone is a homer and I passed no judgement. These are two separate things. One is being a homer and defending your guy against “accusations” from other posters. A completely different thing is how you rate said player I the draft. There is no spazzing or judgement, I was genuinely curious how you rate him. But you do you man.

1 minute ago, Martin said:

Hahaha, I inferred that everyone is a homer and I passed no judgement. These are two separate things. One is being a homer and defending your guy against “accusations” from other posters. A completely different thing is how you rate said player I the draft. There is no spazzing or judgement, I was genuinely curious how you rate him. But you do you man.

I just want a rookie QB at this point. Any of the top four would do for me. Levis and AR have a higher ceiling but I don’t anticipate either one would start opening day. Stroud and Young would. 

I’ve probably watched Will more than anyone on this board. He is far from perfect but I see what a lot of other people see as far as potential. And if I think he’s being unfairly criticized then I have no problem defending him. I would defend Stroud and Young the same way, but they don’t get poo’d on nearly as much as Levis does. Especially on this board.