• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Via Panthers Wire via The Athletic , Person says we like AR, but not enough. Buzz about the 3rd

top dawg

18 minutes ago, travisura said:

That's true. But if it comes down to two QBs who have footwork and accuracy issues and one of them is a freak athlete and one isn't, I'm taking the freak athlete.

No, you take the guy with the faster processor between the ears.

• Pie 5

20 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

That's fair.. just a quick note on the footwork. As it was shared in the combine thread... his footwork was elite during the throwing session. Kurt Warner was raving about it and SS sr. was agreeing. The way his feet moved his throw cadence was what scouts are probably droooling about right now. One thing to keep in mind is that Saturday was the first time people have been able to see a healthy Will Levis since September. 

I think Levis is going to be a great QB in the league, as I have stated much on this message board. He is just an easy target right now for scrutiny. 

Warner 3/4:

“He’s got a big arm. He looks the part, big strong, man. He’s got that ability,” said Warner. “There was a little bit of inconsistency with his accuracy this year. I know a lot of people have questions because his numbers weren’t eye-popping numbers, but physically, he’s eye-popping.”

“I’ve liked what I’ve seen to this point from Will Levis. We’re talking about a lot of different things, but I feel like he’s been under control. There’s been touch on the football. That’s one thing you wonder with guys with big arms, are they going to come out here and throw everything 100 miles an hour? I think he’s done a nice job having a little touch, having a little air right there just laying it outside to the boundary, so really like what I’ve seen from him so far in the Combine.”

15 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Great in theory but draft chart goes out the window when you have multiple teams trying to get there to get a franchise QB. I think the absolute floor for #3 is #9, #39, 2024 1st

Understood, but it also depends on who you are moving up for....at some point it isn't worth what is being asked for.  Moving up to 3rd given the first 2 might be QB limits the value also - and at some point the cost to go to #1 may be more reasonable. 

Honestly most are saying two additional 1st's and this year's 2nd gets you the #1 pick - I would probably just go that route if moving to 3 is this expensive

14 minutes ago, Tbe said:

No, you take the guy with the faster processor between the ears.

Agree here big time - everyone tends to focus on physical skills and college stats - but these guys have to now lead GROWN MEN in a business world.  Leadership skills and decision making are every bit as important physical skills.  Make a list of super talented guys who were bad QB's cause of their leadership and poor decisions.....very long list

For a WR or RB this isn't nearly as critical....but QB is the Field General.....completely different animal

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Kentucky Panther said:

The more I think about it the more I think we have to get to 1. Sounds like we are locked in on Stroud. You can’t risk Houston grabbing him at 2 if that’s your guy. 

Come on down, CJ 

How many other people are interested in Stroud? And are the Bears willing to trade down to 9? We would probably have to trade up to 3, then trade up to 1. By that point Stroud better be as good as Mahomes or we, and he, are screwed. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

My money is on it being Levis right now. It think they try to trade with the Cardinals if possible and let someone else get Young and Stroud.  Just a feeling I have based on nothing but my itching left testicle. 

They make a cream for that.

Speaking of getting burned.. trading up to 3 and passing on AR (if he's there) then going Levis.. that one might sting.

19 minutes ago, Double Trouble said:

I wouldn't bother trading up unless its for Stroud or Young. Giving up future firsts for Levis or Richardson just seems like a lot.

Well, here is a pro tip, don't trade up for Richardson. You either take him at 9 or trade down, collect more picks, re-sign Darnold/Gorropolo, get a star TE, a star RB, and a third wide receiver, as well as the best offensive lineman in the draft in O'Cyrus Torrance.

I have this poo all planned out in my head. How we get star players in our first three picks.

1. Torrance

2. Kincaid/Mayer/Darnell Washington

3. Charbonnet

4. Mimms

Boom. All of those guys have All-Pro potential. We sign them, put them on IR for sprained ankles (all of them), then we SUCKKKKKK for Drake Maye. I'm talking going -1 - 18. Drake Maye/Caleb Williams will be the next two stars in this league. You can book that today, tomorrow, and twice on Wednesday. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Turtle said:

They make a cream for that.

Speaking of getting burned.. trading up to 3 and passing on AR (if he's there) then going Levis.. that one might sting.

Trading two 1st round picks, a 3rd, and a 4th for Will Levis...

Can YOU IMAGINE the meltdown this place would have. Good god man please let it happen. That would be the worst.