• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drake Maye/Caleb Williams

CPcavedweller

These are the next two NFL Stars. Absent something unexpected happening with the 2023 class, I don't see anyone but Stroud having the potential of these two.

This isn't going to be popular, but how about we don't trade away future 1st's for a guy like Will Levis who has "BUST POTENTIAL" written on his forehead and instead...trade downnnnn. Build the roster with the depth and breadth of talent available at skill positions and the offensive line, compile picks, and get enough to have a package ready to go for 2024. That is assuming others aren't already plotting to suck as well.

The Jaguars lucked into sucking bad enough to get Lawrence. The Colts planned to suck to get Luck. The Panthers probably started TEH JIMMEHH (those who don't get this obviously weren't around) to get to the top of the 2011 draft, thinking Luck would be there. Tons of examples of this happening where it completely changed the outlook of a franchise. 

Now FLAME ME.

That is unless you don't watch college football and haven't seen Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. They have transcendent potential. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 14

Just now, CPcavedweller said:

These are the next two NFL Stars. Absent something unexpected happening with the 2023 class, I don't see anyone but Stroud having the potential of these two.

This isn't going to be popular, but how about we don't trade away future 1st's for a guy like Will Levis who has "BUST POTENTIAL" written on his forehead and instead...trade downnnnn. Build the roster with the depth and breadth of talent available at skill positions and the offensive line, compile picks, and get enough to have a package ready to go for 2024. That is assuming others aren't already plotting to suck as well.

The Jaguars lucked into sucking bad enough to get Lawrence. The Colts planned to suck to get Luck. The Panthers probably started TEH JIMMEHH (those who don't get this obviously weren't around) to get to the top of the 2011 draft, thinking Luck would be there. Tons of examples of this happening where it completely changed the outlook of a franchise. 

Now FLAME ME.

That is unless you don't watch college football and haven't seen Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. They have transcendent potential. 

No flaming here, you stole my playbook for the next two drafts though.  It's cool, I didn't trademark the idea. 😁

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

What happens when we win 7 games with Sam and are picking 11 next year and the top 2 in the draft need a QB and aren't trading out? 

You take the next best QB.  Next year won't have the cliff after QB3/4 like this year. It will be more evenly staggered, like actual mid-to-late round 1 QB prospects.

Next year is next year. Both of those guys could have career ending injuries, then what's the difference? Or maybe they just underperform, and aren't the sure thing they look like today.

You can't avoid making decisions today because you're worried about what tomorrow may bring.

• Pie 1

You think Tampa is about to trade with us next year for one of Williams or Maye? I highly doubt that, so there’s one of those stars gone.

Next, with the all star staff wit supposedly have, and with the moves the FO is probably going to make this offseason, we’re likely to be picking in the teens. Going to be an even bigger ransom moving up next year for one of Maye or Williams. 

If you feel one of Young, Stroud, or Levis(O use these 3, because apparently the staff isn’t high on AR), then you go get them now. 

6 minutes ago, Verge said:

Tanking the opening season with the coaching regime we have would be a really bad way to kick things off and leave moral corrupted to the point it may never corrupt. There are a lot of our coaches who already have their hat in the ring for a head coaching job next year, so even being just a bad idea in general, it would sit very poorly with literally everyone in the building. 

If Reicht and crew do worse than Wilks did last year, you have to start questioning if the right hire(s) were made.

I also don’t think Penix(who more than likely will be QB3 next season if he continues on his previous year) is better than the big 3 this year.

Edited by AggieLean