• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lombardi: Panthers trying to trade Corral. Can be had for a "ham sandwich"

SuperBowlBound

2 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

Not calling you out specifically on this, but if our drafts have stunk, what does a good draft look like?

Needless to say, Overall I do not feel this way, at all. I'm genuinely curious what most folks expect from a draft class?

Who, outside of our firsts, have done anything the past few years?!

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Who, outside of our firsts, have done anything the past few years?!

Brady Christensen wax a huge part of our offense last year. So was Chuba Hubbard. Others like Terrace Marshall, Tommy Tremble, Amare Barno and others have been contributors.

Once someone other than Ben McAdoo is running the offense and a pro DC is running the defense, we'll have a much better read on things.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Brady Christensen wax a huge part of our offense last year. So was Chuba Hubbard. Others like Terrace Marshall, Tommy Tremble, Amare Barno and others have been contributors.

Once someone other than Ben McAdoo is running the offense and a pro DC is running the defense, we'll have a much better read on things.

I’m excited to see Barno in our new defense!

• Beer 1

Just now, App Panther said:

Corral probably was Rhule homer pick, but he should at least get one more camp before shown the door. 

Completely agree.  We gain nothing by giving him away.  There is some chance that he is a diamond in the rough that just needs a chance.  They should not give up on him without ever giving him any chance.

I'm good with drafting a top guy this year but throwing Corral away now makes no sense to me.

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Once Rhule left, several of them started playing better.  Marshall, Hubbard, and Christensen began to look like actual NFL players.  

Ok yeah. Those 3 are legit. That’s 3 out of what? 20 something? I like Fitty a lot, but they’ve gotta start drafting better throughout the whole draft. Rhule was probably a big part of how bad it was so the jury is still out. 

4 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I know that everything is Rhule’s fault, but Matt must have looked pretty bad in practices last year if this is indeed true. I remember reading one day during training camp they had him on another field practicing hand offs. He may have been way further behind than advertised. He damn sure didn’t look the part during his only preseason appearance. (I know, I know, he was with the 3s.)

There’s more to this story than we know if this “dream” coaching staff has already given up on him.

He was also playing against the threes. I remember when he and Howell were going against each other and Howell looked like Joe Montana compared to him. 

• Pie 1