• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Confused Why Some Seem to Think We Got Fleeced

Daddy_Uncle

2 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

Given how the Bengals were able to draft Burrow and then pair him up with Ja'Marr Chase, giving up DJ in the trade in lieu of additional picks seems like a rational move. Receivers are easier to find and if we're really doing our homework, we may even find another good one later in this year's draft. Also, whatever cap savings we get also helps. The big thing for me was giving up only one future 1st rather than multiple. Meanwhile, Fields has another target to throw to although history of receivers going to Chicago to die is well documented.

Both sides got something valuable out of the trade. Media is probably a bit miffed that they have to talk about us now instead of Chicago for the next few weeks.

People keep saying it’s so easy to find good receivers now yet our team right now might have the worst WR room in the NFL at the moment. DJ was the only positive player in that group. If WR was as easy to scout as we think here on the message boards we would have had much more than DJ + nothing. 

We need to spend some draft capital and free agent money on WRs now to help out our rookie QB

• Pie 4

18 minutes ago, Varking said:

People keep saying it’s so easy to find good receivers now yet our team right now might have the worst WR room in the NFL at the moment. DJ was the only positive player in that group. If WR was as easy to scout as we think here on the message boards we would have had much more than DJ + nothing. 

We need to spend some draft capital and free agent money on WRs now to help out our rookie QB

They will have to trade a player me thinks to correct this turn of events. I told you guys that if they trade up they will have a hard time filling the splash wish list. Now it will be even harder without DJ because they will have to find an upgrade for him as well. 

• Pie 3

22 minutes ago, Varking said:

You never know. Last year had Garret Wilson, Chris Olave, Drake London, George Pickens, Christian Watson, Alec Pierce, Jahan Dotson. That was a pretty good group. There will be some good wrs at pick 39 and later.

22 minutes ago, Varking said:

If WR was so easy to find without a high first round pick, the Packers would have done it years ago to appease Rodgers.

Replacing DJ will be harder than people think, particularly since we have to do it right away so we're not completely screwing over our rookie QB by giving him nobody to throw to, how has that worked out for Fields the last 2 years?

To me, we now need to overpay if necessary to get Hopkins and give the rookie him as a safety valve.

I'd also be very interested now in adding Thielen as I think he'd be a perfect safety valve as well, but if we get Hopkins, not sure we can afford Thielen on top of that with other holes needing to be filled as well.

• Pie 1

Thielen and Hopkins will want a shot at playoffs not a project. When you talk safety valve TE is important too and can take some pressure off. I think we use 39 for te or wr and then get the other as a free agent. If you want quality that's probably Dalton Schultz plus wr at 39.

Hardest positions to find:

1)QB (Stroud/Young)

2) EDGE (Burns)

3) LT (Icky)

4) CB (Horn)

5) WR (TBD)

So we basically traded our 5th hardest to find position to get the 1st.

You have to give up something to get something.

It was a lot to give up, but it wasn't a fleece.

We need to get this right, but having Reich, Caldwell, and McCowen is a damn good infrastructure to have in place.

• Pie 4

37 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

If WR was so easy to find without a high first round pick, the Packers would have done it years ago to appease Rodgers.

Replacing DJ will be harder than people think, particularly since we have to do it right away so we're not completely screwing over our rookie QB by giving him nobody to throw to, how has that worked out for Fields the last 2 years?

To me, we now need to overpay if necessary to get Hopkins and give the rookie him as a safety valve.

I'd also be very interested now in adding Thielen as I think he'd be a perfect safety valve as well, but if we get Hopkins, not sure we can afford Thielen on top of that with other holes needing to be filled as well.

So there’s this guy named Davante Adams…

Now, I’m not saying a guy like Davante Adams is easy to find. But I do believe that DJ Moore is on the more easily replaceable end of the spectrum as #1 WRs go.

1 hour ago, Varking said:

I think it's more important to get him a threat at TE 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I think it's more important to get him a threat at TE 

Unless that TE is current level Travis Kelce, then no it's not

We don't have a startable WR on the roster at the moment, that's not a tenable situation to put a rookie QB into if you want them to succeed.

Lots of good teams don't have weapons at TE, yes we need to find one, but it's nowhere near more important than getting a threat at WR right now.

1 minute ago, csx said:

Now it's a WR driven league again? 😂

It's shifting back that way, it's sure as hell a passing driven league, and kinda need WRs to make that work.

Sure, KC just won the SB without any stud WRs, but Kelce is a TE in name only and they have the best QB in the league who makes it work.

We don't have Mahomes and we don't have Kelce, we need legit WRs to help a rookie QB not fail right out of the gates.

I think we got a great deal on this trade!! It suxs losing Moore but we can find other receivers!! Next year will be rough as we will have new coaches/players trying to figure out their system… it will not be a playoff year.. but I don’t think it will be awful.. the following year we should make a jump