• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Ryan - "Carolina Zeroed in on Stroud and Richardson"

CPcavedweller

Would make absolutely 0 sense to trade up to 1 for Richardson, if you trade down to 3 or 4 for him then why trade up to 1 in the first place. Probably could've kept DJ and gave up a little less to get to 3 and get him. 

I think I've seen it reported that no team in the history of the NFL draft has ever traded up to #1 and then traded out of it. The Panthers would be stupid as hell to be the first team to do so 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 4

If I'm the Texans, I'm just chuckling at all these "leaks", this misinformation. Whether most of it is intentional or not, I'm sure some of it is deliberate. And if they're afraid of losing out on their guy - if they have one - they've got a reasonable chance that we don't take him anyway, whoever it is.

Sitting in the pole position of the draft for so long is going to be rampant with speculation and endless misdirection, especially with so many QB needy teams near the top.

george-lets-get-nuts.gif

If we traded to the 1 spot and gave up all that to get Richardson…..that seems like another poor move by this braintrust.  

Nothing really against Richardson the prospect…but his odds were too high of being available where we were.    And if we weren’t head over heels in love with anyone why do it.   We could have just drafted a guy that had decent potential at our old spot.   Any of the 4 would be worth a swing to a team in QB purgatory.   Why give up all that we did.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

If we traded to the 1 spot and gave up all that to get Richardson…..that seems like another poor move by this braintrust.  

Nothing really against Richardson the prospect…but his odds were too high of being available where we were.    And if we weren’t head over heels in love with anyone why do it.   We could have just drafted a guy that had decent potential at our old spot.   Any of the 4 would be worth a swing to a team in QB purgatory.   Why give up all that we did.  

Exactly. 

You keep DJ, move up to 3 and are still getting one of Stroud, Young, AR...possibly the '25 second rounder too.

10 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Would make absolutely 0 sense to trade up to 1 for Richardson, if you trade down to 3 or 4 for him then why trade up to 1 in the first place. Probably could've kept DJ and gave up a little less to get to 3 and get him. 

I think I've seen it reported that no team in the history of the NFL draft has ever traded up to #1 and then traded out of it. The Panthers would be stupid as hell to be the first team to do so 

It was reported that the price they were quoted for the #3 pick wasn't much lower than the price they were quoted for the #1 overall pick, so they took any doubt out of it and traded for #1 overall.

Who knows if they're going to trade out again, but the rumours suggest they're not sold on one particular prospect right now.

I'm almost starting to think that Richardson is our target and that's why we'd consider trading down a spot or two. We'd still be thrilled with Stroud and Young but we're really tempted to take a shot on Richardson's immense talent... but we're scared of being kicked like SF was with Mac Jones. Signing an Andy Dalton means you're not forced to play him right away.

• Pie 2