• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why not both?

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, RJK said:

It doesn’t not mean that at all either. brian regan what GIF

Really ??

alright let’s step under the learning tree for a moment…

1. WR room is thin in the 1st place anyway.. After trading DJ you we’re adding 2 to 3 WR form the beginning.. Fitt literally said this..

2. The Room lacks experience.. Not good for a Rookie QB.. Adding Theilen and Chark at least gives you 2 WR in the room with “years” of starting experience..

3. Context in the situation - Due to the old regime TMJ got little play time so this his only real time going into a season getting real reps.. Chark has a large injury history.. And bringing in a rookie in a weak WR class isn’t something you can depend on getting a day 1 starter from.. So covering all your basis is the best way to further in sure a stable environment for a rookie QB..

4. Weak draft and weak FA class means you need to throw a lot of dart at the board.. Plain and simple..

None of this is a detriment to TMJ but more about having options and not putting your eggs in 1 basket.. Which is smart moves to make when you’re trying to develop your franchise number 1 pick..

Edited by Sub Zero
  • Pie 3

I like Thielen as he'd be a good slot safety valve for a rookie and would be a great vet presence in the WR room to teach these guys how to be pros, particularly TMJ and whichever WR we draft in the 2nd.

But I just don't see the need for Chark, he's similar to TMJ and very injury prone, just not someone I'd like to see us target as I don't think he brings enough value to us right now.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I like Thielen as he'd be a good slot safety valve for a rookie and would be a great vet presence in the WR room to teach these guys how to be pros, particularly TMJ and whichever WR we draft in the 2nd.

But I just don't see the need for Chark, he's similar to TMJ and very injury prone, just not someone I'd like to see us target as I don't think he brings enough value to us right now.

Other than saying theyre both tall, i dont think tmj and chark have much else at all in common.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Disagree with this.

While Chark is injury prone he is still a high end #2 WR who is still in his prime.

Thielen had a great career but he's 33 and trending towards more of a #3 WR. He has also had the opportunity of having single coverage because he played with Justin Jefferson. He won't have that here in Carolina.

If I had to choose between the 2 give me Chark.

• Beer 1