• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texan's offered Bears 2024 First Round pick to move up to #1.

thunderraiden

8 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Not necessarily. It all depends on if you believe we are interested in more than one QB and how their pro days may affect those evaluations. They may also not have been able to get DJ Moore who was a key to the trade. If the Panthers favor one QB above the other, they may not be interested in moving up in the draft until draft day after the 1st pick. Too many variables in play this time of year to say a team is dumb for getting a guaranteed haul vs trade and hope. 

Now if the Panthers are truly equally interested in 2, then that trade up for a 24 1st would be a nice little item to get back, especially if it ends up being an early pick and MH jr is available. 

Fitts said we were targeting #3 but since the cost wasn't much different we just went to #1 instead.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If this is true the Bears are DUMB. I take that deal all day and then flip #2 to the Panthers for another haul.

agree.  I can't guarantee we would have offered the same package to go to #2 as we did to go to #1 but I would guess it would have been close.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fitts said we were targeting #3 but since the cost wasn't much different we just went to #1 instead.

It all depends on how much of this is truth and how much is smoke screen to hide our intentions at 1. This time of year there is so much misinformation flying all over. Either way, we are where we are. 

If this played out and the Texans give us their 2024 1st and we still get our guy…….man oh man would Fitt be a legend. 

Means we would have lost:

2.61 (one of the last picks in the 2nd this year), a 2025 2nd, and DJ Moore to land our future franchise QB. 

Losing DJ hurts, but the Texans will likely have a top 5-10 pick next year that we could land a WR1 (Marvin Harrison Jr) or a guy like Brock Bowers. Sheesh

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

agree.  I can't guarantee we would have offered the same package to go to #2 as we did to go to #1 but I would guess it would have been close.

Getting DJ Moore changed things for them. And it’s safer to take the deal presented to you right now than HOPE somebody offers a better one closer to the draft. 

• Pie 1

I feel that Fitterer gives off a much more "I can negotiate with this guy" feel than some of the other GMs around the league.  I sense he's the type that can gain leverage and get a favorable deal without the other side knowing yet.  Poles is young, inexperienced, there's going to be speedbumps in Chicago.  

Them getting DJ Moore and a few future picks doesn't help as much as they think.  Herbert, Foreman, DJ, Mooney, Claypool is above avg on paper, but could unravel very quick, especially if the line doesn't hold up.

Edited by Bear Hands

17 hours ago, ECHornet said:

If this played out and the Texans give us their 2024 1st and we still get our guy…….man oh man would Fitt be a legend. 

Means we would have lost:

2.61 (one of the last picks in the 2nd this year), a 2025 2nd, and DJ Moore to land our future franchise QB. 

Losing DJ hurts, but the Texans will likely have a top 5-10 pick next year that we could land a WR1 (Marvin Harrison Jr) or a guy like Brock Bowers. Sheesh

If we landed MHJ to pair with our young QB, this place would explode with excitement!  With that said, I would be very surprised if it was next year's first to move up one spot...

• Pie 1

On 3/20/2023 at 12:51 PM, WUnderhill said:

I think Bears GM just kind of talks out his ass tbh. If there was greater value on the table he would have taken it. 

Exactly.  This is fun to pass the time with but isn't based on reality.  And if it is, we will be taking that deal.