• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Simms top QB prospects

NAS

8 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Tonight Show Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Only difference to me because of equal arm talent and extreme physical advantage I'd put Levis over Young.

There is certainly a lot to like about Will Levis. Given a little time to further develop he could turn out to be the best of the bunch.

In my opinion, the Panthers seem to want a QB in the draft like C'J. Stroud or Bryce Young that are a little more advanced presently.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, DFive said:

This is actually very good. He goes more in depth as to why he has his QBs ranked where they are and how he weighted his decision.  

Nice not gonna watch now but I usually like Simms unbiased breakdowns, and any further insight into how PFF comes up with their grades is helpful 

• Beer 1

On 3/20/2023 at 4:33 PM, Wolfcop said:

Some of those watching the combine said it was the best ball placement they had ever seen in the passing drills (CJ). Others watching his tape say that he is the best pure passer in the last several years. Sounds pretty special to me. I have also read that no QB the size of Young has ever started in the NFL in the modern era. His frame is a concern. 

Look, Young was obviously special in college. None of us know how that will translate. There are concerns by some that he may not have the arm strength to get the ball where it needs to go when he is thrown off his rhythm in a crowded pocket. I have heard that by a few. We will see. I would be excited if we draft him, but concerned about the ability to keep him on the field. 

You make solid points and argue well, and we are usually on the same page--I prefer Stroud optically, but mentally, I prefer Young--very torn.  But I would not be concerned about Stroud's football IQ if he were not compared to a little Einstein.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 5:56 PM, t96 said:
On 3/20/2023 at 5:46 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Jones is playing for the GOAT coach. And he's trash. Bailey Zappe looked better than he ever has.

Jones is trash for sure but I wouldn’t use GOAT coach as an argument. Mac did have some of the worst offensive coaching I’ve ever seen last season

I was about to say the same thing. Take away the cheating and getting lucky AF with Brady, and I'm not sure that Belichick is even a really good coach.