• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Chark

Panthers316

4 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Also I think Chicago is getting more pissed by the minute.  They thought they were getting a really high pick for next year.  

Not so fast.  While I don’t expect to be winning the SB next year. Winning the NFC South could be in the cards.  Every signing just drops the value of of that trade even more.  

And I don’t think we are done.  I don’t expect another big name but we still have plenty on money left.  I expect post draft holes to continue to be filled.  

Rookie qb teams still tend to be picking top 10 going into year 2

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It's 100% going to be a defensive guy... probably a safety, linebacker or EDGE. I just cant see a path where we go offense unless there is an absolute stud sitting there. 

I hope not a safety as they are sitting on the bench behind Woods and Bell. Edge or LB I am all for. Still think WR is in play with Chark only being one year deal. 

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Jesus I just realized we will have a COMPLETELY different Offensive skill player starting lineup than last year. Like, no returning starters whatsoever it was completely overhauled.

Moore to Thielen

Anderson to Chark

Thomas to Hurst

CMC to Sanders

Baker to Rookie QB/Dalton for a few weeks

There are no prior pictures of the panthers 2023 starters in a panther uniform.  

Yeah, it's crazy. I was thinking about this earlier as well. It's a ground up rebuild at the skill position and it's fuging insane to think how much different it's going to look. But you can tell there's real football evaluators making decisions this time. They said "Ok, O-line is a strength keep it intact, let's use these other assets to reform and mould exactly what we want."

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can. Thielen is a 33 year old short term stopgap. Chark is an oft-injured talented guy on a one year prove it deal. Hurst is knocking on the door of 30 and can easily be cut after two seasons.

These FA signings are about short-term bandaids. The draft is about long-term solutions.

I would imagine that the offensive skill positions are very much on the table at #39.

Why am I getting this message when I try to message you?

You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day. Please try again later.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can. Thielen is a 33 year old short term stopgap. Chark is an oft-injured talented guy on a one year prove it deal. Hurst is knocking on the door of 30 and can easily be cut after two seasons.

These FA signings are about short-term bandaids. The draft is about long-term solutions.

I would imagine that the offensive skill positions are very much on the table at #39.

Yeah plus we still don't have any potential alpha #1 WR for this season. We could get that at #39. Thielen is a slot guy, Chark is a downfield threat as a solid 2nd WR but we still don't have that do-it-all #1. If the draft doesn't fall that way we can absolutely go BPA but if there's a WR sitting there with that #1 potential we absolutely will seriously consider him. Even if we take a guy and he doesn't turn out to be a #1, like you said both guys we signed are more stopgaps or prove-its, if we draft a guy who doesn't work out as #1 he could still be our longer term #2 or #3 option.

Not a big fan of the signing myself, mainly because he can't stay healthy and it still doesn't give us a #1 WR for the rookie, would have preferred to overpay in a trade for Hopkins, Sutton, or Jeudy to be honest.

Also not thrilled at it being just 1 year unless it's super cheap at say like $3 million for the year, have a feeling it's going to be in the 6-7 range.  Would have rather done it for 2 with whatever we gave him being the guaranteed money so the cap hit could be split up.

But really, I just don't like the idea of giving the rookie a bunch of 2's and 3's at best as his WR room and I think this signing eliminates us from trying to trade for any of those #1's out there.

100% still need to use the 2nd rounder on a WR though, someone who could have breakout potential and to grow alongside the rookie QB for years to come.

• Poo 5

42 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

PSA

I will be pooing every single baby chark doo doo doo post i see.  bunch of MFers thinking they are so origional and clever. i encourage yall to do the same

with all that said, im fugin stoked

THATS THE PICK ME UP I NEEDED BITCH

side note: I have Chark in all of my dynasty fantasy leagues.  always believed in him.  either injury or being stuck in the jags with shitty QB play and coaching have held him back. he has the opportunity of a lifetime here being our #1 with a damn good OL, supporting cast, coaching, scheme, and QB. 

hes about to go the fug off on that prove it deal

I'll take that challenge...

"It's CAT-SHARK"!!!!

93d2b5fe3b8ea827282958eef37270b8.thumb.jpg.dcf0a64324719129a2b76e13749efd14.jpg

• Pie 3