• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another draft rumor—. Because, why not

Just now, cookinbrak said:

Trading up to #1 for somebody who will probably be there at 9 would be SF/Trey Lance stupid.

I'm not sure he lasts past Seattle as they just make so much sense for him but regardless he's not a 1st overall caliber prospect. Both Young and Stroud are. Would be completely stupid for us to take such a raw boom/bust guy at 1 but I do think he still goes high (not saying he should). 

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The don't sit the man.  Let him play right away like they did with Allen.

I have no idea why people think we will sit any QB that is drafted #1 overall.

This is not 1990 anymore. These #1 pick rookie QB's play from day 1. That's the only way they will learn. The days of sitting 3 years behind a vet are over especially for the #1 pick.

• Pie 3

Just now, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Im curious: 

what's the biggest knock about him,  accuracy issues, processing? 

Accuracy and lack of experience primarily. He played all of 12 games or so at Florida and didn't throw all that amazingly. His accuracy issues don't seem to be correctible like Allen's were based on his poor footwork. He just misses randomly. 

He does seem to read the field well and navigates the pocket better than anyone in the draft save for Young, He is a legitimate running threat at the next level as he is built like Cam but even faster, plus the howitzer attached to his right shoulder make him intriguing. 

But overall lack of experience and accuracy issues make him a huge risk.

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Accuracy and lack of experience primarily. He played all of 12 games or so at Florida and didn't throw all that amazingly. His accuracy issues don't seem to be correctible like Allen's were based on his poor footwork. He just misses randomly. 

He does seem to read the field well and navigates the pocket better than anyone in the draft save for Young, He is a legitimate running threat at the next level as he is built like Cam but even faster, plus the howitzer attached to his right shoulder make him intriguing. 

But overall lack of experience and accuracy issues make him a huge risk.

hmmm... interesting.

I would be more concerned with accuracy issues than experience imo.

Also, I just read an article that AR (like Levis) had a similar situation in terms of a poor supporting cast.  However, I don't buy into that being a contributing factor of less-than-stellar accuracy.  

I absolutely love this guy's physical traits.  I would be more surprised than upset if we pick him.

4 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

hmmm... interesting.

I would be more concerned with accuracy issues than experience imo.

Also, I just read an article that AR (like Levis) had a similar situation in terms of a poor supporting cast.  However, I don't buy into that being a contributing factor of less-than-stellar accuracy.  

I absolutely love this guy's physical traits.  I would be more surprised than upset if we pick him.

Eh, the cast might have had something to do with some of AR's accuracy issues. This was their week 13 injury report:

• WR Ricky Pearsall (upper body) - questionable
  • WR Justin Shorter (lower body) - out 
  • WR Marcus Burke (upper body) - out
  • WR Thai Chiaokhiao-Bowman (upper body) - out 
  • WR Xzavier Henderson (lower body) - out
  • WR Ja'Quavion Fraziars (upper body) - out
  • TE Keon Zipperer (lower body) - questionable
  • CB Devin Moore (upper body) - out
  • LS Marco Ortiz (upper body) - out 

Five or six scholarship WRs missed that game and their top guys missed more games than that one. It's had to get in sync with guys you hadn't practiced with much, if any at all.

• Pie 1