• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another draft rumor—. Because, why not

If there is a link pinned in the main forum for draft rumors and I missed it, apologize in advance 

From Pantherswire USA TODAY 

Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline joined WFNZ’s Wes & Walker on Wednesday to chat it up about this year’s top quarterback prospects and the No. 1 overall pick. When asked by host Wes Bryant if Florida’s Anthony Richardson has a chance to be the guy atop the board for Carolina, Pauline replied with the following:

If it’s up to Frank Reich, yes,” he replied. “I think what’s gone on or, what I’ve been told, is that everybody in the room is really heavily leaning towards C.J. Stroud. C.J. Stroud did well at the combine, he did well at the pro day and I’m told that the interviews with C.J. Stroud—he’s knocked them out of the park. And he’s very genuine, he’s been very forthright and he’s a likable guy. I’m told that everybody in the building is heavily leaning—if not, checked off the box on C.J. Stroud.

“I’m told that Frank Reich, if he had his way, would go with Anthony Richardson because of the upside, because of what Anthony Richardson could be two or three years down the road. It’s just a matter of how much of a fight is Frank Reich gonna put up in that war room to say, ‘Hey, listen, I want Anthony Richardson.’ I think right now, there’s probably less than a 20-percent chance it’s Anthony Richardson and all signs are pointing towards C.J. Stroud.”

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

because of what Anthony Richardson could be two or three years down the road.

This is the reason why I don’t want to draft him. #1 overall pick doesn’t have 2 or 3 year and this coaching staff doesn’t have 2 or 3 years to wait. 
I have had enough of losing season and missing the playoffs. I don’t want to watch 2 or 3 more losing seasons before hopefully the QB we drafted can play. 

• Beer 2

11 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Anyone who’s paid attention to literally everything Reich has said from day 1 (even before a trade) knows this isn’t true 

My man we are not in the meetings. None of us know what's being talked about.

He did have a quote before the combine about how the league is now more of a athletic QB that can beat you with his legs or arms comment I remember somebody posting about it.

He very well could favor AR. He could also be favoring Young who can also throw and run.

• Pie 2

Just now, Ocpanthertew714 said:

I love AR as a prospect, but there's in no way in today's NFL that a #1 overall prospect can sit a few seasons.  in that regard, is why I do not see AR as a plausible option given what we gave up in the trade.

The don't sit the man.  Let him play right away like they did with Allen.

• Pie 7