• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Three weeks out - temperature check

NAS

Temperature check - who should be the pick?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Panthers draft with #1 Pick?

• Anthony Richardson
    • Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • Will Levis

I can say that my needle bounces back and forth between Young and Stroud--I simply think that you do not refuse to draft the best overall talent because you are afraid he might get hurt. Analyzing an injury history is one thing, but predicting the future will get you in trouble.  It will come down to this:  Which is the best fit and which is the most coachable.  I think we are considering variables that will not ultimately determine the outcome.  For example, who won that pickup basketball game between Stroud and McCown?  Why is that not news? 

I think I veered off topic.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

We take Will Anderson.  Everyone is in shock, teams call us wondering why tf did we pass on QBs.  We tell them we found out their teammates weren't invited to their birthday party.  Everyone is panicking and the fall of QBs begins.  By the time Chicago's pick comes, they're pooping their pants and are so confused by everything that is happening that they offer to give us the 9th pick for our 39th, just so that they have time to think about wtf is happening.

We say no, give us also our 1st from next year plus a punt returner.  They agree.

Boom.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I can say that my needle bounces back and forth between Young and Stroud--I simply think that you do not refuse to draft the best overall talent because you are afraid he might get hurt. Analyzing an injury history is one thing, but predicting the future will get you in trouble.  It will come down to this:  Which is the best fit and which is the most coachable.  I think we are considering variables that will not ultimately determine the outcome.  For example, who won that pickup basketball game between Stroud and McCown?  Why is that not news? 

I think I veered off topic.

Agree…at the end of all this if we pick Young or Stroud we should be excited about it.  I personally think Young is better and the opportunity cost is high there

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Slight lean towards Stroud but there’s some real FOMO with Bryce. He does things at an elite level, right now, getting off the bus. that guys with long nfl careers never figure out.

he can move the pocket and create separation for wide outs with with general body control, honestly I’ve only seen brees do it as well as he does right now

my big concern is the arm strength though. Idk if it’s requisite, and it can affect his accuracy too. 

• Pie 5