• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nice to be excited for the team again

Jmac

58 minutes ago, Fright said:

I recall seeing that you preferred Stroud a while back... will you be as excited if we draft Young and he stinks? 

There's a chance that any QB we draft will stink.

I'm not going to sit here and worry about it, though. "OMG what if we pick the wrong  one !!!!!!!!" What a waste of energy.

I've said it before many times and I still mean it. I'll be happy with either one and Ive got confidence in this coaching staff and FO to make the right decision. 

If we draft a guy and he sucks, then I'll deal with it then. Until I see reason not to be excited, I'm going to be. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

There's a chance that any QB we draft will stink.

I'm not going to sit here and worry about it, though. "OMG what if we pick the wrong  one !!!!!!!!" What a waste of energy.

I've said it before many times and I still mean it. I'll be happy with either one and Ive got confidence in this coaching staff and FO to make the right decision. 

If we draft a guy and he sucks, then I'll deal with it then. Until I see reason not to be excited, I'm going to be. 

I've been on this forum for a while and tend to side with just about everything you have input on, so I was just curious, being someone else close to stepping away from the Rhule show myself.... hopefully whoever we get balls out. 

• Beer 1

This may sound strange (on the Huddle, strange? HA) but considering that we will draft the right QB for us (I trust the FO, scouts, & staff), I'm most excited for training camp. So many questions! New head coach! New staff! So many new offensive skill players! A new promised defense! New QB!! How does Reich conduct TC? What are his priorities? How does the staff teach the playbooks? Do all the new players mesh well? How fast will our rookie QB get the timing and feel down for those skill players? Where will they line Chinn at in practices? Has CJ Henderson improved? This year we should be getting film and pics from camp (with mein Rhule gone). I can't wait! 

But, to answer the question, yeah I'm excited again. Haven't been this excited in years. Never liked Rule.

• Pie 2

This team isn’t even being given the credit they deserve for this offseason from the media.  It has been absolutely masterful IMO.  Everything is definitely not going to go perfectly but this team is the most improved team in the league considering the coaching changes and moves

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, WestPanthers said:

No disrespect to coach Wilks but Imagine that if Piniero made the field goal vs Atlanta and we made the playoff. Then now Wilks is our head coach .............

…and I still would have been excited as long as McAdoodoo wasn’t retained. Wilks was that transition manager who cracks skulls and hits the reset button after the last guy fuged everything up. 

That being said I love where we are at. But nothing but love for coach Wilks. 

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

I was sinking into the pit of apathy and was pretty much done with the team until they fired Rhule. Then Wilks got me back to ground zero and made it ok to be a fan and I'm grateful for that 

With this coaching staff, I'm feeling good about the future for the first time in a long time. Being in this position to draft.... whoever it is they draft...I'm really excited and yeah, it feels good  

I survived fifteen years of Marty Hurney, but three years of Matt Rhule was arguably even tougher.

It's a wonder I'm still here.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

This feels like 2011 all over again 

i'm not as excited as i was about the idea of drafting Cam back then, but i am still pretty giddy and a bit anxious. i know it's going to be a great pick that's going to have us set and competitive for years. and i feel good about most of the options that are available.

with the cam pick, i knew that there wasn't any real competition...because it was really just cam, yo gabba, and locker and those last two i knew were going to be bad. there really was only one name that had any real chance of being called. 

with this year...i just can't wait to hear whoever's name is called and have some clarity to my dreams.