• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nice to be excited for the team again

Jmac

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I was sinking into the pit of apathy and was pretty much done with the team until they fired Rhule. Then Wilks got me back to ground zero and made it ok to be a fan and I'm grateful for that 

With this coaching staff, I'm feeling good about the future for the first time in a long time. Being in this position to draft.... whoever it is they draft...I'm really excited and yeah, it feels good  

I recall seeing that you preferred Stroud a while back... will you be as excited if we draft Young and he stinks? 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 4

10 minutes ago, Fright said:

I recall seeing that you preferred Stroud a while back... will you be as excited if we draft Young and he stinks? 

I don’t think anyone is going to be excited if our new QB flat out stinks especially considering the assets we have parted with to get him. That said, I personally am a big believer in this staff and their ability to evaluate so I’m fine with Stroud, Young or Richardson. The optimism is in full swing currently for me personally.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not excited yet but I am definitely relieved. Im happy to have a competent staff for a change. Anything positive from here on out is icing on the top.

I echo this completely. For me, we have endured too much bs for too long to be excited at the moment.

Now when we finally figure out our QB and complete this draft.. it’ll be nice. And when Training camp starts, if I start reading tweets about our new QB looking good… Yeah that will start to get me going then.

43 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Optimism and hope spring eternal once again. With the draft eight days away and two top QB prospect's in our sights plus a good FA haul has made it exciting to be a Panther fan once again.

Having to put up with the sh%t show that Rhule and company had put on the field last season, I had lost all interest. 

Looking foward to training camp and driving down from Hendersonville to see the new team and checking out the schedule to buy a few tickets for select games.

Life is good in Panther land once again with a promising future.... no matter who they choose at #1.

I think it is possible after the draft (and our choice is made on quarterback) that the next prominent conversation will be about who is starting at QB on day 1. I think it possible we may have a rookie starting day 1. 

36 minutes ago, WestPanthers said:

No disrespect to coach Wilks but Imagine that if Piniero made the field goal vs Atlanta and we made the playoff. Then now Wilks is our head coach .............

Now imagine we beat the Bucs to actually make it to the playoffs. That kick didn’t keep us from the playoffs. The shitty job in the secondary, Wilks’ bread and butter, against Evans kept us out of the playoffs.

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not excited yet but I am definitely relieved. Im happy to have a competent staff for a change. Anything positive from here on out is icing on the top.

I’m hopeful again because the last 5 years have sucked. Late 2018, you could tell Cam’s arm was shot and so could everyone else and that started the long run of losing. We haven’t had a QB since then that was close to a legit playoff QB. A QB we take at #1 sure as poo should be a legit playoff QB. Who knows if they will but it’s nice to feel like it’s possible.

• Pie 1