• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*apparently false scores leaked* STROUD SCORES 18% ON S2 TEST (or maybe not)

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont think the test means nothing but it is weird this is the first year a big deal has been made of it.  If he scored 18, which seems like something is way off compared to the other scores, then I would like to hear it from him.  The s2 dudes said all the top qbs scored high so this is kindof weird.

No one should take this as a knock on Young's intelligence (though someone probably will) 🙄

But I do think you kinda have to take into account the fact that he was taking this test on an annual basis from high school forward.

The guys who created the test might say that doesn't matter, but they sorta have a vested interest.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Success is an interesting term. He’s successful by playing for so long in the NFL and accumulating a vast amount of wealth. He would put together some great games and then have some absolute stinkers. He was a back up off and on throughout his career, not saying he sucks but some are assuming Young will be great bc of a test scores. I’m just saying Fitz wasn’t great and probably aced all of his tests. 

You’re conflating all tests. Different tests measure different things.

For all we know, Fitz had decent processing speed but couldn’t keep track of many objects in space (tunnel vision).

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Smart agents would be having these kids take the test beforehand so they know how they'll do on it. If they're gonna bomb, simply decline. Better to have teams guessing how bad you'd do compared to showing them exactly how bad.

Which, in that case, a decline would be a tacit admission that the player scored poorly.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, travisura said:

Which, in that case, a decline would be a tacit admission that the player scored poorly.

Just goes back to the old saying. Better to stay quiet and have people think you're an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I mean, people questioned Funchess' speed going into the draft but then he went to the Combine and ran a 4.7 and it was like holy poo. We didn't know he was THAT slow. Then we still drafted him in the 2nd. 😂

• Beer 2

Just now, travisura said:

Eeehhh, maybe.

It'd probably come to be viewed the same way they look at a player not doing drills at the Combine.

Either way though, I would agree that these scores being leaked is probably only going to decrease the willingness of players to take this test.

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

I don’t get why it’s a big deal that it is leaked to the public. The team’s already had the info, it’s not like it was hidden from them. This is just for us fans to have insight to why someone could/would drop.

cc: @vorbisbc this is a good topic for discussion 

Because its like medical records.  We have no business knowing if the person doesnt want us to.  

• Pie 1

Nobody even knew this was a thing until they were using it to market Bryce. I bet CJ didn't even try, cause that's massively low. It's funny how you need a science degree now to be a pro at a KIDS game. Y'all just wanna argue. If Bryce is their guy then Bryce is their guy. It's gonna be their jobs on the line. All I'm gonna say is, if he ends up like Tua, I'm blaming this whole board. Bet the majority wont be here too.

1 hour ago, Greatman77 said:

I know next to nothing about this test, and am not making excuses, but I know some very smart, capable people that are terrible test takers. They are not athletes though...

This isnt a test that measures intelligence though.  It measures movement tracking,  processing speed, correct impulse,  etc.  This test is genetic basically.   Your score is your score for the most part. 

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Its hard to get a answer form you about the cops compared to nurses, do you understand the question?

Lady Cowboy Fan is a nurse. Judging from my personal dealings with her, I believe she'd probably make a pretty good cop too 😄

Also think she'd make a good French maid, naughty schoolgirl, Farmer's daughter and a few other things depending on what's available at 3wishes.com, but that's another discussion.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1