• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You tell me

Shocker

Just from my viewpoint: 

CJ's not quite comfortable with the nationally televised interviews just yet. But he has a confidence I like in a QB. I think the team would rally behind him. Behind the scenes he seems like the type of teammate you'd want in your locker room. Has that fire in him. 

With Young, the Bryce you get here is the Bryce you get at all times. Just a calm collected dude. More of a lead by example type...media training not a priority in the least. Seems coachable.. 

Lol, it's almost like a lesser charismatic Cam vs Wilson personality matchup. 

Idunno, just give me the one with the most heart and determination. The one that hates to lose. Either way I'll be happy. 

Wanted Stroud at first but Bryce is growing on me.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Just from my viewpoint: 

CJ's not quite comfortable with the nationally televised interviews just yet. But he has a confidence I like in a QB. I think the team would rally behind him. Behind the scenes he seems like the type of teammate you'd want in your locker room. Has that fire in him. 

With Young, the Bryce you get here is the Bryce you get at all times. Just a calm collected dude. More of a lead by example type...media training not a priority in the least. Seems coachable.. 

Idunno, just give me the one with the most heart and determination. The one that hates to lose. Either way I'll be happy. 

The Bryce media tour thing is a little weird to me. I don't doubt either ones desire to compete, it's just been an odd few weeks. I can't remember if another potential first pick did this much voluntary media the week before the draft

7 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Just from my viewpoint: 

Exactly. I dont have a horse in the race but if I had to choose one, give me the one that hates to lose just as much as Cam Newton did

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Love Cam but he had 3 winning seasons here. 

We're still doing this? He was the only MVP in franchise history. He came in and changed the culture of the team. Guys used to just be happy with their contracts and go home. Cam despised losing to his core. We needed that. Hopefully whomever we draft we are getting some of that again.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

The Bryce media tour thing is a little weird to me. I don't doubt either ones desire to compete, it's just been an odd few weeks. I can't remember if another potential first pick did this much voluntary media the week before the draft

Trevor Lawrence was on every show under the sun the week of the draft. The only difference now is that podcasts are much more prevalent now. 

you also probably notice it more bc we have the number one pick and he is mocked by 90% of the to go to us. 

his interview cycle isn’t unusual. It’s just unusual to us.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

We're still doing this? He was the only MVP in franchise history. He came in and changed the culture of the team. Guys used to just be happy with their contracts and go home. Cam despised losing to his core. We needed that. Hopefully whomever we draft we are getting some of that again.

But it changed nothing, really. Because of Ron. Cam could hate losing as much as he did, and he was very visible about it at the podium after every loss. But at the end of the day that losing culture absolutely did not change. I love Cam. To this day he is the only autographed NFL jersey I own. But Ron is the reason the culture didn’t change around losing while Cam was here. 

It’s good to have your best player hate it like Cam did, but without the coaches and ownership hating it just as much, if not more, it doesn’t change. Ron was a let down. Hopefully Frank will be that guy for us. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1