• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN lays off employees, with more cuts to come

ladypanther

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Charlotte has a pretty shitty infrastructure. It was not designed to be as big as it is becoming.

This is a North American city problem, though.  There's worse places for sure, but I agree with you, fwiw.

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

As a truck driver, I promise you it's better than most. 

As someone who lives in center city.... Chicago was way better... The fact they built uptown on a hill (why they call it uptown) and did not construct the city on a grid system, it is an actual poo show to navigate between boroughs... You have to go through the highway to get anywhere. They never planned for the city to grow how it has.

34 minutes ago, Toker Smurf said:

Stand-alone streaming service (not ESPN+). 

You mean their own streaming service with all channels like a Sling, or Hulu or YouTube TV? One thing that pisses me off with streaming services is that they talked so long abit how much cheaper they were than cable but streaming services prices continue to shoot up to the point that it's not much cheaper than cable or satellite. I just dropped Sling due to it being something like $87 per month once I added a bunch of additional channels not counting any movie channels. I see most of the others are about the same proved as well once you add all the channels you want unfortunately. I hope Disney brings something out that beats all of them price wise but being that it's Disney and a bottle of water in one of their parks costs as much as a used car I won't hold my breath.

Disney Barks GIF

Edited by Ricky Prickles

2 hours ago, scpanther22 said:

We need more walkable cities, the amount of cars in this country is insane 

Sir we are also the most obese country. We are lazy and always looking for shortcuts. We will have flying cars in the near future. It's only going to get worst from this point.

On 4/24/2023 at 5:41 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Speaking of Disney I heard on the radio today that Disney World might be coming to North Carolina. Nothing final but it's being considered as a real possibility.

My guess is somewhere out West with a lot of land would probably be the location. Asheville makes sense.

God no please

17 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

As someone who lives in center city.... Chicago was way better... The fact they built uptown on a hill (why they call it uptown) and did not construct the city on a grid system, it is an actual poo show to navigate between boroughs... You have to go through the highway to get anywhere. They never planned for the city to grow how it has.

Atlanta is worse in that aspect. 

• Pie 1

On 4/24/2023 at 7:10 PM, jayboogieman said:

Won't happen. Disney all but owns Florida and is that state's single biggest source of income. It's just a publicity stunt by some of the state reps along with trying to milk 750000 from the state to "perform a study on the feasibility of getting Disney."

There is another reason Disney would no bs consider the move. If the science says there's a meaningful chance Florida is underwater from climate change down the road, forget all the nonsense political noise from both sides, do you really think a company as big as Disney doesn't take a serious look at relocating their major park to avoid that risk?

If they relocate to the mountains of NC, it would be telling. The cheapest, flatest land best suited for a major theme park by far isn't in the mountains, it's in the eastern part of the state. Compared to large chunks of eastern NC, Asheville is neither flat nor cheap, and building large roads to and from any relocated park would be much more expensive projects than in flat easter NC. But if Disney goes to the mountains, what does that tell you about what they believe might happen?

• Poo 1

30 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

There is another reason Disney would no bs consider the move. If the science says there's a meaningful chance Florida is underwater from climate change down the road, forget all the nonsense political noise from both sides, do you really think a company as big as Disney doesn't take a serious look at relocating their major park to avoid that risk?

If they relocate to the mountains of NC, it would be telling. The cheapest, flatest land best suited for a major theme park by far isn't in the mountains, it's in the eastern part of the state. Compared to large chunks of eastern NC, Asheville is neither flat nor cheap, and building large roads to and from any relocated park would be much more expensive projects than in flat easter NC. But if Disney goes to the mountains, what does that tell you about what they believe might happen?

If Disney moved because of the climate, they would go further north than NC because they had seen studies that showed NC would become too hot and dry and they wouldn't want to move again. If Disney moved to NC at all, it wouldn't be the mountains but somewhere in the piedmont. There's not enough land in the mountains for a park Disney World's size. Virginia, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, or Kentucky would be my guess if Disney left Florida due to the climate.