• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud: I’m a football player, not a test taker

NAS

14 minutes ago, LoneSpaceDrone said:

And there's been plenty of people with vast football knowledge that DO put stock into the test, more so than its deniers.  You can't just choose the side you agree with as the one telling the truth.  Also saying that CJ Stroud might be a dud isn't a false statement, its simply a prediction based on his processing ability.  Whether that will be proven true or not in the future remains to be seen. 

As much as Young is an outlier due to his size, CJ will be just as much an outlier due to his processing.  I really do wish CJ luck, but I think he's going to need a very good team around him to excel at the NFL level.  

He’ll be the first QB to do well and succeed since the test was implemented as well. 
But like you said I wish him nothing but the best. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Billy Goat said:

I'm not saying he's a dud, I'm saying the data points to him being a dud. If they've carried out 100s of tests and all the low scoring players haven't been a success then everything I said is true, he'll either be an outlier or a failure like the rest of the low scoring players. Nothing controversial about that.

The data also says a QB at 5'10 and barely weights 190 pounds is pretty much guaranteed not to be a success because its literally never been done but we are not gonna run with that now are we?? 

• Pie 2

55 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No one's attacking his intelligence.  It's a cognitive test. It measures reaction time and awareness.  Has nothing to do with intelligence. 

Um....yeah, you might want to look around a little more. 

• Pie 1

"I'm not finna..." Hearing this is ebonics for "man fug this poo y'all caught me red handed so it is what it is"

I know being a "test taker" vs a football player is a conversation that could have plenty of outcomes, but if you're saying studying and then putting your learnings to good use is not in your wheel house, then I'm good on taking a chance on you young man. Sad that he had to get defensive and try to downplay preparation. 

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Um....yeah, you might want to look around a little more. 

Maybe you should ignore such misguided attacks as they are either ill informed or joking.  Young will have to deal with short jokes the rest of his career.  Stroud will probably be label dumb even though it's far from the truth.  Levis will be labeled as a weirdo and Richardson...well I'm not sure what label he well carry but I'm sure there is one. It is what it is.

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A year ago nobody on this board had ever heard of the s2 and now its treated as gospel.  Funny how that works

Not treated as gospel, but thanks to goat boy we have to spend all of our time disputing his misinformation instead of talking about what the score could actually mean for Stroud and others.

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The data also says a QB at 5'10 and barely weights 190 pounds is pretty much guaranteed not to be a success because its literally never been done but we are not gonna run with that now are we?? 

So if you want to split hairs then I have a few reasonable responses.  Bryce may come in a bit smaller than these guys, making your statement technically true.  However, the spirit of your argument is that small is pretty much a guaranteed bust and that certainly isn't true.  These players span the history of the game as it's evolved, clearly it's possible to get it done quite successfully even if you're smaller than average.

Drew Brees 6' 200lb.

Russel Wilson 5'11" 215lb.

Joe Theismann 6' 192lb

Len Dawson 6' 190lb.

Fran Tarkenton 6' 190lb.

Sonny Jurgensen 5'11" 202lb.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

So if you want to split hairs then I have a few reasonable responses.  Bryce may come in a bit smaller than these guys, making your statement technically true.  However, the spirit of your argument is that small is pretty much a guaranteed bust and that certainly isn't true.  These players span the history of the game as it's evolved, clearly it's possible to get it done quite successfully even if you're smaller than average.

Drew Brees 6' 200lb.

Russel Wilson 5'11" 215lb.

Joe Theismann 6' 192lb

Len Dawson 6' 190lb.

Fran Tarkenton 6' 190lb.

Sonny Jurgensen 5'11" 202lb.

Lol

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

This kid is spitting 100% Facts

these tests are dumb widgets

there’s no test for 6’2

there’s no test for arm strength

the tape doesn’t lie. He was processing just fine as he was cooking the Georgia Bulldogs

And sometimes the system makes it easier.  The guy has been playing with the best WR core we might have ever seen. He will have played with 3 first round WR in their prime (Olave, Harrison, Egbuka). 

• Pie 1