• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Drake Maye was in this draft would you pick him over Young?

ENC Pantherfan

If Drake Maye was in this draft would you pick him over Bryce Young?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Maye or Young?

• Maye
    • Young

All I said was Young was a finished product and Maye wasn't experienced enough to consider and the UNC fans all came out of the woodwork. Maye might be the greatest guy ever but not yet. If you compare them, Young is much better and it isn't close. If Maye came out this year they would be putting him no higher than the fifth best quarterback. Who knows next year he could be 1 or 2. Wasn't that the question?

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1. Caleb Williams

2. Bryce Young

3. Drake Maye

I like Drake Maye but 1 year of production in a weak ACC isn't enough to put him over Bryce. Now Caleb Williams on the other hand that dude is going to be an absolute DAWG. 

Edited by CmC2k

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

That he didn't contribute to the winning of said National Championship.

Did he play during the year and practice every day. Then he contributed. Was he a senior and expected to start or did he sit behind Mac Jones as an underclassman? I guess being on such a good team you have to wait your turn is now a bad thing. Did Maye sit behind Howell last year.?  

44 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

He threw for nearly 400 yards and 3 TDs. He did his part. 

I’m guessing you didn’t watch the game because you missed the whole nails things and they talked about it all game but you are also missing context…

When it got late his team was within striking distance and he threw an interception that lead to the other team scoring a TD. On his next drive he got strip sacked and the other team recovered and went on to score another TD and put the game out of reach. His final three drives resulted in 2 turnovers to seal the game and a drive that lead to no points.

He also “did his part” hurting his own team and helping the Utes ice that game. 

32 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

And the best indicator of the future is the past. Of course , the NFL is littered with great college qbs who couldn't replicate their success in the NFL. That includes Cam who almost won a Superbowl. So the best way to find a great NFL quarterback is watch the successful college ones and see if their skill sets match up with the system you are running. People erroneously think that if they aren't as good in the NFL they are underachieving when often it is bad marriage between the system and QB or other factors like revolving coaches and coordinators.

Burrows won a Heisman and a championship. Mahomes had a losing college record. Allen had a mediocre college record against subpar competition.

I just don't think college success really matters. You're looking for physical traits and personality traits that are going to translate.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I want to see how Maye does with a new OC and receivers.  I’m a huge Drake Maye fan.  If he continues on like he did to begin last year, he will up there in the conversation with Caleb Williams for 1st QB drafted when it’s all said and done.  Granted, I do like Maye as a prospect more so than Caleb. The body of work is just too small for Maye to say for certain 

Edited by Ezrider1423