• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which team ‘won’ round 1 and which team ‘bombed’

TheBigKat

Panthers and Eagles clear winners. Once Nolan Smith dropped into the late 20s I wanted the Panthers to trade up for him so bad. Really disgusting the Eagles get to add the caliber of those 2 players to the best team in the NFC. Oh and they got to move up to the top of the 3rd just because the Cardinals organization is dumb as fug. Yes, I’m jealous as hell.

Wtf are the Lions doing. They lost Witherspoon and had no plan B apparently. Still, they could have done literally anything other than what they did.

• Pie 4

13 minutes ago, panfanman said:

I would have been totally fine with trading back, getting more picks and taking Hooker.  I think he's going to be as good as any of the other 4.

Taking a 25 year old who’s going to sit his whole rookie season due to injury in the first round? Thanks but no thanks.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Drafting a RB in the top half of the 1st = L.

The Chiefs drafted a guy I thought was gonna be a 3rd rounder.

The Eagles killed it on paper.

The Steelers have been very un-Steelersish in recent years reaching on need.

I'm curious to see who else the Falcons had on their board.

From a value stand point it's a poor pick. That said he's one of the three best players in this Draft, if not the best one so it's difficult to criticize the selection.

Gibbs went way higher than I thought he would, that's much more questionable.

18 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Panthers and Eagles clear winners. Once Nolan Smith dropped into the late 20s I wanted the Panthers to trade up for him so bad. Really disgusting the Eagles get to add the caliber of those 2 players to the best team in the NFC. Oh and they got to move up to the top of the 3rd just because the Cardinals organization is dumb as fug. Yes, I’m jealous as hell.

Wtf are the Lions doing. They lost Witherspoon and had no plan B apparently. Still, they could have done literally anything other than what they did.

Arizona may be dumb AF, but I like how they maneuvered this draft so far. They got a franchise LT, picked up a 1st next year (a Texans 1st is all but guaranteed to be a low one), and are sitting pretty with the 2nd pick for today. There's a couple of guys that could have easily been 1st rounders still sitting there.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Arizona may be dumb AF, but I like how they maneuvered this draft so far. They got a franchise LT, picked up a 1st next year (a Texans 1st is all but guaranteed to be a low one), and are sitting pretty with the 2nd pick for today. There's a couple of guys that could have easily been 1st rounders still sitting there.

Sitting with a Cardinals 1st rounder and a Texans 1st rounder for next year has to make you the leader in the clubhouse to land one of either Drake Maye or Caleb Williams.

• Pie 1

Texans, a bad team with holes everywhere and just took a rookie QB who needs time to learn NFL offense playing for a raw, young coaching staff, trading their first rounder next year to move up for a defensive end

They could have traded up to 6-9 range for Wilson or Carter instead and not given up the 1st round pick

There's a very high chance that pick is top 10, they basically have to win the division now

Instantly lost the draft for them

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

Winners of round 1:

Eagles- Carter and Smith in round 1 to an already sick defense. They’re cultivating the Philly Bulldogs up there

Texans- QB1 and stud stud DE/OLB, that’s called new era aggressive for year 1 Ryans era

Ravens: signed Lamar and drafted a speed WR, this should be fun 

Losers:

Lions: WTH, your defense is what kept you out of the playoffs. You signed Montgomery, you have Swift

It's been 12 hours. Nobody knows

• Beer 1

55 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I would put the Falcons as a "bomb".

I get it, Bijan was the top rated RB, but have teams not learned that you just don't take RBs in the top 10? We had the most versatile RB in the NFL, and didn't win games. Saquon Barkley's team never does sh*t. Derrick Henry had some of the craziest seasons from a RB EVER, and only got to the AFC championship once. Dalvin Cook teams never did anything. Jonathan Taylor one of the best backs in the league, his teams never do anything. Not to mention, even if he DOES ball out, then you have to pay a RB top dollar on his next contract, and we've seen first hand how that works out.

SO GLAD the Falcons didn't take Jalen Carter lol

From a team building aspect you are 100% correct that 10 is too high with all the holes they have.  However from our perspective its going to be a motherfuger playing them and their run game.

• Pie 1