• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 - The Carolina Panthers Select DJ Johnson - EDGE - Oregon

rodeo

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That wasn't what those highlights showed. But to be fair I don't watch much Oregon football last year. I watched the UGA game and some of the Utah game that I can recall. Can't say I ever noticed this guy.

Didn't notice him once during the holiday bowl vs unc. Hell he might not of even played.

Not really a fan of this pick with the trade up. For sure a developmental player, but at 25 we may only get two years out of his contract where he's a legit contributor or depth. By the time he's ready for his second contract he may have already lost a little bit of juice

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is a bad pick no way around it.

Just reading the scouting report is says he is a project. The problem I have is he is already 25 years old.

By the time he's coached up he will be approaching 30. This is just a bad trade up. Washington was there for the taking.smh

Well heck if the scouting report written by guys who never worked in a football organization says it….it must be true.

also - he’s 24.  So you’ll get 10 years out of him instead of 12.  Is that really a big deal?  He’s a third rounder for goodness sakes 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

He’s a 3rd round pick man. If DC sees something and can make him blossom for 3 -4 years at a fringe starter level then we win and simply draft his replacement.

The team looks to win immediately. Johnson could be an immediate role player and we need someone who can stop the run.

There are dudes in the 3rd round of this draft that don’t need 3-4 years to blossom.  You talking about blossoming at near 30 given his age. 

we just drafted a rookie QB #1 overall.  We aren’t a win immediately team.  We got to develop our QB. 

should of just drafted that 6’7 UGA TE instead and focused on Bryce Young’s development.