• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 5 - The Carolina Panthers Select Jammie Robinson - S - Florida State

rodeo

Just now, WUnderhill said:

Welp, found my least favorite pick of the draft. Really bummed we didn’t take the high upside athletic freak TE at this spot, but hey there’s a reason the Panthers don’t ask me for my input lol.

I feel you brother

He’s a nickle per rotoworld 

Panthers selected Florida State S Jammie Robinson with the No. 145 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft. 

Robinson (5’11/191) spent his first two seasons at South Carolina where he logged the majority of his reps in the slot to take advantage of his tenacity around the line of scrimmage and short-area mirroring ability. He thrived in the role, playing 670 recording 62 tackles and five PBU, and a scintillating 90.7 PFF tackling grade en route to receiving freshman All-SEC accolades. However, after HC Will Muschamp was replaced by current HC Shane Beamer, Robinson opted to transfer to Florida State for a fresh start. It was a prescient decision, with Robinson recording a gaudy 183 tackles, 12.0 TFL, 13 PBU, and five interceptions over his two seasons with the Noles, earning First-Team All-ACC recognition in each. His role changed last season, with the Second Team All-American logging 76% of his snaps at either free safety or in the box as opposed to his previously slot-heavy role. The move allowed Robinson to showcase his toughness near the line and notable ability to sift through traffic and bring down ball carriers, as his 7.3 career missed tackle rate backs up. He's pretty small for box work in the NFL and will likely put his 6.89 3-Cone (85th percentile) and 1.51 10-yard split (98th percentile) to use by harassing slot receivers as a versatile nickel back who can also drop back to single-high when called upon.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1