• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post draft... what positions do you think we are weakest at?

TheBigKat

My biggest concern heading into this year is the LB group, we're just thin there and even when healthy it doesn't appear to be a very good unit overall. 

My second concern is TE. Hurst is good but he has injury baggage and behind him is still the woeful Ian Thomas

13 minutes ago, DennisM1 said:

Defense.. particularly pass rusher and LB really need another DB as well I think they are setting the new DC up to fail personally... 

Pretty harsh take there. Most believe our defense is a top 10 defense.  We put a good offense on the field our defensive numbers are going to improve.  Hopefully, 3 and out doesn't happen too often and our defense will stay straight.

I do think LB can be upgraded and probably will after Evero gets a chance to see our guys perform in OTAs and minicamps.  Our scheme is changing so it is very hard to say what our front seven is going to look like.

After Hurst TE is a bit thin.  I am hoping now that Fhule is gone Tremble will get more action and prove his value. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Pretty harsh take there. Most believe our defense is a top 10 defense.  We put a good offense on the field our defensive numbers are going to improve.  Hopefully, 3 and out doesn't happen too often and our defense will stay straight.

I do think LB can be upgraded and probably will after Evero gets a chance to see our guys perform in OTAs and minicamps.  Our scheme is changing so it is very hard to say what our front seven is going to look like.

After Hurst TE is a bit thin.  I am hoping now that Fhule is gone Tremble will get more action and prove his value. 

Defense in my opinion was pretty overrated last year.. now a new scheme change and no new additions?? I don't see it going well for us at all

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, DennisM1 said:

Defense in my opinion was pretty overrated last year.. now a new scheme change and no new additions?? I don't see it going well for us at all

Our defense is not top 10. I wish it was, but we don’t have the pieces quite yet. Need LB, CB, and another good DE.

22 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Our defense is not top 10. I wish it was, but we don’t have the pieces quite yet. Need LB, CB, and another good DE.

Eviro scheme and 3-4 in general rely on the ends to free up the OLB to get after the qb. Got solid set of 3-4 style DE's that can do that. 

CB is definitely a ? mark because of health. 

Olb must be what your talking about at LB and they drafted one and have a bunch of young guys that fit the new scheme really well. 

Are people forgetting the switch to 3-4?? 

Tons of post in here that make me think so.