• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

38 minutes ago, joemac said:

They should do something like tie QB salaries to a percentage of the cap.  Like 15-18% of the cap per year, max. 

I mean, that sounds like a good plan. But let's face it, QBs are just going to get more. It just puts more pressure on drafting the right guys in the first place. You may not be able to keep all of your home-grown talent, but if you draft well, you can at least keep the cupboards from getting bare.

5 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

The media has been hyping them up since they traded the pick. I don’t get it either. Fields has yet to prove he can  even be an above average passer in the NFL. They were the actual worst team in football last year and they drafted a RT in the top 10, added DJ Moore and D’onte Foreman, and some linebackers.  I don’t see how that gets them into the playoffs unless Justin Fields all of a sudden becomes Peyton Manning, or the rest of their division is a dumpster fire.

I think they could be picking t5 next year…with their own pick.

Where are you getting this from?  All of the recent power team rankings mostly have them in the late 20s.  The only one in the teens I could find is pff at 19.   That’s an odd take that the media is hyping the bears.  

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Where are you getting this from?  All of the recent power team rankings mostly have them in the late 20s.  The only one in the teens I could find is pff at 19.   That’s an odd take that the media is hyping the bears.  

I haven’t been looking at power rankings. I was mainly referring to the media coverage surrounding the trade and the draft since that is the bulk of the media coverage I have consumed on the Bears. Somebody said Bears fans were talking about playoffs, my response was that their fans have been getting hyped by the media since they traded the pick. Not talking about power rankings. Talking about how great they’ve been getting told DJ Moore is, how badly they fleeced us, how great their draft was, etc.

34 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I may be overlooking somebody, but the most hype I've seen is behind either the Jets or Lions.  Even Dan Campbell said the other day that the hype over the Lions is out of control.

I get it, the media would love for Aaron Rodgers to put a NY team over the top. 

And as for the Lions, they had a good second half of the season last year and the NFCN is up for grabs, but geez.  They may both be good, but given their histories, I'd like to see a sample before jumping on either of those trains.

Plus, we know how the "media darlings" crown generally turns out.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Giants are basically repeating what Tennessee did a few years back.

Overpay the average QB aka Tannehill/Jones and underpay the actual player that makes the offense aka Henry/Barkley.

Why not just give the RB some of the money that you overpaid for the average QB?

I swear some GM's just don't think. Nobody was going to overpay Daniel Jones and they overpaid him anyway.smh

Good for these athletes. I will never hate on a man getting the most money he can. These are multi billion dollar businesses. Get paid!

• Flames 1