• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another one falls into the trap that is Sam Darnold

NAS

If you want to be charitable, I think you can make a compelling case that Darnold has been a victim of an awful coaching staff and/or supporting cast every year of his NFL career thus far.  But this season (assuming Darnold plays significant snaps) will definitively answer that question one way or another.  If Darnold is awful this year, then there are zero excuses left in the book towards any defense of him.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

A lot of hate?  People are just giving their assessments and his market value agrees with it.  It's nothing personal as very few have the ability to be a franchise QB.  Darnold still has plenty of talent.

There are few threads about past players. But I guess Sam is special that way. He brings out feelings in other they themselves never knew existed.

40 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

The poster was referring to all the games Darnold played last year. Not one.

Not true. Here is the quote:

Steve Wilks had Sam Darnold looking like a legit starting QB and we didn't have the 49ers roster.

Steve Wilks was our interim coach so we was not the coach for the whole year but rather part of the year. And I did not list Darnold stats for only one game. I listed several. Funny to see people polish Darnold's knob and crap all over Matt Corral. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Did you see Sam Darnold once we fired Rhule?

Cmon man this dude looked like a decent starter last year. 

I mean, if your goal is to be a "Decent starter" then yeah he's achieved that. But everyone knows that you need a franchise QB to win in this league. That has always been the 49ers biggest weakness, they have one of the most talented and complete teams but they fall short when their QB needs to win it. It'll be interesting to see Darnold under Shanahan offense, I just think he is too turnover prone no matter what system he is in. 

3 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I mean, if your goal is to be a "Decent starter" then yeah he's achieved that. But everyone knows that you need a franchise QB to win in this league. That has always been the 49ers biggest weakness, they have one of the most talented and complete teams but they fall short when their QB needs to win it. It'll be interesting to see Darnold under Shanahan offense, I just think he is too turnover prone no matter what system he is in. 

Darnold is a bridge until Purdy fully recovers. Im not saying he will be the QB for the future just this year it will be his job and the 49ers will still be a top 3 team in the NFC with Darnold.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Not true. Here is the quote:

Steve Wilks was our interim coach so we was not the coach for the whole year but rather part of the year. And I did not list Darnold stats for only one game. I listed several. Funny to see people polish Darnold's knob and crap all over Matt Corral

Get-some-help GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Darnold is a bridge until Purdy fully recovers. Im not saying he will be the QB for the future just this year it will be his job and the 49ers will still be a top 3 team in the NFC with Darnold.

I can agree with all of this. It will be up to Lance to try to beat out Darnold now that he is healthy which may or may not happen,

• Pie 1