• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers mini camp (Saturday)

53 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Eh, he still had decent weapons. Sure, he didn’t have 1 RB, but Mixon, Bernard,  Perine and Williams combined for 1300 and 9 TDs. Higgins with 900 as a rookie is a solid WR. Boyd had 800. Green was past his prime but still 500+ as WR3 was more than our breakout WR2 TMJ last year. Add in 700+ yards receiving from Bernard and their TE.

Burrow’s 2020 weapons were better than our 2022 weapons.

But that isn’t the topic here… we were speaking to Levis. Young is actuallly better equipped than the bengals were if you are trying to make that comparison.

6 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Mahomes is Favre if Favre had Andy Reid as a head coach. They are basically carbon copies of one another. And before you say "interceptions", Mahomes is only like 0.7% better in his TD-INT ratio.

This is just a bad take. 

It's not like Farve didn't have a good coach either. Also Andy Reid didn't start winning SB's until he got Mahomes. They help each other.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

So you determine people based off a smile? Doesn't sound like a good basis of judgment.

It was a joking reference to the ignorant pre-draft criticism heaped on Cam Newton from Nolan Nawrocki when Cam was only 22 years old. It's meant to highlight to you the line you're teetering near in using those buzzwords to describe Bryce Young based on absolutely nothing before he has even had a chance to prove himself just as was done to Cam. If you have doubts that's one thing but be careful not to let history repeat itself just because he isn't who you wanted us to draft.

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

I wanted Levis, Richardson or Stroud over Young...I hope I'm wrong, but I think Levis is going to be really, really good.

Those guys might be able to become great Qbs in their own right but I don't see them being Championship level (Sb winning) Qbs even at their best. Especially with the teams they were drafted onto. 

If Young puts it all together at the NFL level and proves that his size is not a detriment to his game he will be viewed as a Championship level QB and I think that's the difference.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1

On 5/13/2023 at 5:32 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Tom Brady as great as he was his game didn't really jump off the screen. He just had the great ability to win games when it mattered. He's MJ like in that regard without the flash to his game. Brady overachieved giving his skillset and I don't think any other player will ever win SB's like he did. Look at how New England fell off as soon as he left. 

Yep, Brady and Bill's preparedness plus that weak division will never be replicated for that long of a time. They had nearly 20 years of division ineptitude that almost guaranteed 5 or more wins and a division title every year. I each year maybe one team out of the four would get a win, but that was about it. Then everyone would have to go to Foxboro in January in the playoffs. 

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Yep, Brady and Bill's preparedness plus that weak division will never be replicated for that long of a time. They had nearly 20 years of division ineptitude that almost guaranteed 5 or more wins and a division title every year. I each year maybe one team out of the four would get a win, but that was about it. Then everyone would have to go to Foxboro in January in the playoffs. 

This was SUCH a key part of the Pats' dynasty. It's a massive competitive advantage when you have a cakewalk to the division title every year and a significant leg up on home field advantage, bye week, etc. because your division is absolutely inept year after year. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Said that very thing for years.  Yes, Brady is very good.  Yes, Bill is very good.

That can be said, and also ask a simple question.

Who was the best QB not named Brady to play in the AFCE during his two decades there?  And how long did he play?

Been a while since I thought much about it, but I believe I remember it being Chad Pennington, and only for a couple years.

Thats some serious ineptitude.

• Pie 1