• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Simms top 40 QB's

Jackie Lee

5 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

I mean, Mark Sanchez won 4 playoff games and had pretty the same TOTAL yards/TDs as Fields. I’d say they actually cancel each other out and then Ohio State doesn’t have a Carson Palmer. 

No need to debate this though as both schools haven’t produced anyone worth talking about. It’s like why debate on who’s the least awful? Lol

I agree with your second paragraph, but I would like to point out Sanchez’s TEAM won four playoff games and if he has similar stats to a very young and still developing Fields with no weapons, bad oline and bad coaching, I’d say Fields’ forecast is much brighter than Sanchez’s pitiful career. I was just saying im guessing Fields had a middle of the road mediocre career like Palmer. Sure Palmer had some stats but he also had one of the greatest WR duos of that era and a good run game. That’s about what I expect Fields’ potential is. Moderate success if the team around him is really good.  

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Lot of scouts had Richardson #1, CJ #2 and Young #3. 

I'll also add that if Young was 6-2 or taller and weighed 230ish, that wouldn't be the case. He'd be a clear cut #1 most years with prototype size 

But he's not. He's 5'10 and whether people like it or not, size matters.

• Poo 3

19 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Rookie year Young being better than peak Darnold would be a nice start. Throw in a better offensive staff and it would make for OROTR. 

Peak Darnold was 3,000 yards with 19 TDs and 13 INTs.  Darnold sucks.

The last QB to win OROY had 4,300 yards with 31 TDs and 10 INTs.

1 hour ago, Wes21 said:

Peak Darnold was 3,000 yards with 19 TDs and 13 INTs.  Darnold sucks.

The last QB to win OROY had 4,300 yards with 31 TDs and 10 INTs.

I think Darnold last year with a good OL and a decent coach was peak for him.  1143 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs.  It was an incomplete season but it was designed for him to limit his mistakes much like you would with a rookie.  He did it over 6 games so that make it on track for what?  3200 passing yards, 20 TDs  8.5 INTS.  Better play from a rookie would be a nice start.  Lower INTs, More TDs, and More Yards.  

I am not arguing if he sucks because I don't think he is a starting QB in this league, I am saying if we get better play from our rookie than Sam had last year it would be a nice start.  The theory is the rookie gets better while Sam was on his 5th year.

On 5/15/2023 at 4:11 PM, Jackie Lee said:

Has CJ and richardson ranked above Bryce. Interesting 

The whole knock on AR was he was less ready than the other two. Simms list is supposed to be for the upcoming season, not projecting 3 years in the future. Putting AR ahead of the other two first round QBs for THIS season makes this whole list a farce.

This feels like he was doing something controversial just to get clicks/views.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It's weird because Corral and Young don't look much different in size here.  According to Fitt Corral is up to 220 and he was what 6'2"?  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/20/scott-fritterer-matt-corral-is-ready-to-compete/

819125790_ScreenShot2023-05-16at5_20_52PM.thumb.png.f8ec9e2bca054135e945f8dee235355c.png

Odd angle maybe, swapping positions makes the height difference more apparent even though Bryce moved into the foreground

Yeah i think it's just the camera angle and the fact that Corral is in the foreground. One thing to remember about all these pics is that the camera angle and position of players can make them seem taller or shorter than they really are.  People making fun of Young because he looks small in one picture behind our line are idiots.

• Pie 1

On 5/16/2023 at 12:36 PM, ForJimmy said:

Between the Zack Wilson, Corral, and Mitch comments he is just saying things to go against the grain and make some headlines. 

Exactly. Chris Simms going against the grain and trying to make some headlines  is the same way I took it..