• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TMJ rated best WR

trucpfan

4 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

In no way are we a bottom 5 WR team, as others have said, we might not have that #1, our depth at the position is outstanding.  Realistically we might have four #2's this year with Chark, Thielen, TMJ, and Mingo and an intriguing do it all weapon in Laviska.  I'd rather have 4 #2's than a #1 and three 3's or worse like the Rams currently have with Kupp and basically nobody else after him.

Yes, we are absolutely open up to issues if we have any long term injuries, every team at every position can say that, but this is the argument for not signing Chark with his injury concerns and waiting/hoping that someone like Hopkins would become available to us later.

And again, we are not a Hopkins away from being a legitimate SB contender, and the team doesn't think they are either.  If they truly felt we were a real #1 away from actually contending this year, we'd be going hard after Hopkins and we likely would have traded them a pick to get him before he hit the market.

TMJ has 3 targets or fewer in the vast majority of his games - he is a #3 with upside at best at the moment. Mingo is definitely not a #2 - he a rookie and could contribute something or could do nothing this year.

Hopefully Young can help elevate everyone but Chark really needs to stay healthy this year.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Gotta love when the minimum is what the leader had. On one route, Hill had 54 targets. Elijah Moore was the best WR at comeback routes. He had an overall grade of 57.5, which sucks and he likely isn’t making the Jets roster.

We really are trying to hype up TMJ in here but a guy who’s touted here as the best deep ball guy in the NFL only has 1 TD and it was against garbage time backups when we were already losing by 35? I hope he’s as great as people think in here but I’m waiting until he’s not playing against CJ and Taylor.

I still hope Mingo balls out because I’m hoping for better than TMJ’s finish. I see all this TMJ was rolling under Wilks, but in the last 6 games he had 0 TDs and had 1-8, 1-18, 3-51, 2-55, 2-15 and 2-23 as our starting WR2.

Elijah Moore was traded to the Browns for a second round pick. I highly doubt he’s in any sort of risk of not making the team. Use an accurate example next time buddy.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

All this potential is great but in reality we have a bottom 5 WR core. 

My fear is we passed up on a true #1 in Hopkins because of hope in the young WR's. We are WR injury away from being in trouble at that position which is a concern given Chark injury history.

I just hope we know what we are doing at WR. Bryce is still a rookie it would be nice for him to have a sure handed WR who can bail him out like Hopkins can.

Mango better be ready to Tango!

Until you get a QB, all you have at WR is potential.  However, since potential suggests possible performance in the future, you can't rate them in the bottom five with no data, research, or justification.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

All this potential is great but in reality we have a bottom 5 WR core. 

My fear is we passed up on a true #1 in Hopkins because of hope in the young WR's. We are WR injury away from being in trouble at that position which is a concern given Chark injury history.

I just hope we know what we are doing at WR. Bryce is still a rookie it would be nice for him to have a sure handed WR who can bail him out like Hopkins can.

Mango better be ready to Tango!

Saints And Sinners Reaction GIF by Bounce

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

TMJ has 3 targets or fewer in the vast majority of his games - he is a #3 with upside at best at the moment. Mingo is definitely not a #2 - he a rookie and could contribute something or could do nothing this year.

Hopefully Young can help elevate everyone but Chark really needs to stay healthy this year.

I took a quick look at the stats last night and my snap non analytical judgement was that by far DJ was the main target and then everyone else kinda got the leftovers distributed amongst them. Not sure if that was due to their ability or the mastermind heading up our offense last season.  Your point is valid but I do feel optimistic about TMJ at the moment. 

• Beer 3

I predict our passing offense will be closer to top 5 than bottom 5. 

TMJ is a potential beast! Mingo is a potential beast! Chark is a potential beast! Thielen "is not as good as [he] once was, but [he's] as good once as [he] ever was." (Shout-out to Toby Keith). Hurst has shown to be solid, and Tremble's potential is largely untapped. Bryce is exactly the guy to unlock the beastly potential in every one of them. Yeah, I may have the process blue-colored glasses on, but I believe what I believe and I know what I know...

One thing that people should remember this season and beyond: there is no Rhule requiring any receiver to suck!

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

In no way are we a bottom 5 WR team, as others have said, we might not have that #1, our depth at the position is outstanding.

Frankly we were one of the worst WR cores under Rhule. Reich should change that. But for now until we hit the field, our core is… challenged, to say the least. That’s where a smart QB comes in. 

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

TMJ has 3 targets or fewer in the vast majority of his games - he is a #3 with upside at best at the moment.

I am thinking that probably is not his fault.  Hard to judge the potential of receivers here the past 2-3 years with such poor QB play, coaching.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

As of this post I don’t think any receivers are superstars but as a group I think they can be sneaky-effective. If TMJ can translate some potential into production I think they will surprise.  

I could see them being like the 2015 unit. No big names but they all contribute. 

• Pie 4