• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce so far ahead that they feel they can expand their offensive playbook

ncfan

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The view I'm getting from these comments about Young is that his ability to understand and apply nfl level concepts is that of a more seasoned veteran.  It's kinda caught the staff off guard a bit and that's a good thing. It may not sound like much but it is a blessing in disguise.  

Yeah, I took it as a positive sign as well. Trusting your QB is huge for the play calling. And if Bryce can handle that already? Maybe we got a good one. Fingers crossed.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Manna said:

Cool. Hopefully his ability to understand defenses and coverages is equally impressive. Hope they have the expectation that he will struggle at times. 

That is a given.  Figuring out defenses will only come with live action and experience.  I wouldn't expect miracles this season. You cannot compare this team with last year's because it's all new.  I do think they will have the ability to challenge for the nfcs title at least. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

“They are shocked how impressive Bryce Young is mentally,” he told McAfee. “I remember going back to probably like April and having conversations—and just like text message conversations—and kind of the phrase that kept gettin’ shared with me about Bryce was elite processor, elite processor, elite processor. Mentally so much more advanced than everybody else

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/23/panthers-bryce-young-dan-orlosky-mentally-impressive-pat-mcafee/

• Pie 1

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

“And I think even they are surprised with how mentally advanced he is—both, like, football playbook-wise, football feel-wise, situational kinda understanding. I think the big takeaway right now, Pat, is they don’t feel like there is a single part of his game that holds them back from unloading their whole playbook. And that’s so rare for a rookie quarterback.

“You know how it is—sometimes you give ’em 20 percent. ‘Hey, we’re gonna pare down out game plan for the young kid.’ There’s not a single thing—it’s actually the opposite. They honestly think that because he’s so good mentally they can expand their playbook to what it has been—and that’s kinda taken them by surprise.”

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

“And I think even they are surprised with how mentally advanced he is—both, like, football playbook-wise, football feel-wise, situational kinda understanding. I think the big takeaway right now, Pat, is they don’t feel like there is a single part of his game that holds them back from unloading their whole playbook. And that’s so rare for a rookie quarterback.

“You know how it is—sometimes you give ’em 20 percent. ‘Hey, we’re gonna pare down out game plan for the young kid.’ There’s not a single thing—it’s actually the opposite. They honestly think that because he’s so good mentally they can expand their playbook to what it has been—and that’s kinda taken them by surprise.”

Kramer Smile GIF - Kramer Smile - Discover & Share GIFs

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

There's a lot of inexperienced or new guys that make up the rest of the offense... might not be the smartest thing for us to outpace them all with the new QB. 

Just sayin'.

Also no pads and he's throwing to Thielen/Chark etc against STO and Keith Taylor. I'm not gonna buy into the fluff too much until Jets practice where he's going against Sauce and the rest of that D

• Pie 1