• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Viking article predicting big drop off for Thielen

panthers55

Woah. Wild take there. Thelien isn't gonna put up 1k yards? This guy's crazy!

We could have prime Julio, and his numbers would still drop. He's 33. He's much more for the locker room and to become a security blanket for our rookie QB than a game breaker.

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

This is just copium because he didn’t resign with them. The writer assumes Theilen’s our main target and doesn’t mention TMJ or Mingo at all.

Everyone in the media not paying attention for some reasons shoehorns him as WR1 when Adam knows he’s a vet target WR2 kinda guy. I’m really excited for the WR corp…it’s might not be an all pro line up but Depth wise it’s actually pretty good.

Ideally, the field will see Marshall, Mingo, Chark a lot of the time (in my hopes). With Theilen playing the super Cotchery role. Drop off in numbers sure. But i hope that article isn’t talking about the qb play because let’s not pretend Kirk Cousins is a head and above player potentially over Bryce.

Thielen will have a solid season, he's going to be that "death by 1,000 cuts" type of guy for us this year.

He's going to feast on 3rd down and when Bryce scrambles to keep the play alive and needs a check down dump off option.  He really fits perfect with a rookie Bryce in that he's an ultimate pro, sees the game like a QB, runs clean crisp routes, and is just an overall savvy vet.

If we have it 3rd and 5, Thielen on those 6-7 yard routes is going to be a beast for us I think.

I think 4-6 catches for 40-50 yards is a solid guess at per game averages for Thielen this year, which if he plays 17 games would end up around 70 catches for 700 yards, seems more than doable.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, jfra78 said:

He may not be a good option in fantasy, I don't live in fantasy tho

I am 100% targeting Thielen in fantasy this year.

No, he's not going to be the guy you want to be slotting in as a weekly starting WR.  But in a league like mine, he's going to be the type of guy that you find on championship contending teams.

I'm in a 12 team PPR league, 2 WRs and 2 flex spots that you can start WRs as well, so up to 4.  He should have a solid PPR floor, so if you can get him as your 5th WR, someone you use on bye weeks and spot starts due to injury, you can't ask for more than 8-10 points from that roster slot and he should hit that in most weeks in PPR.

Now, if you're in a non-PPR league, avoid him like the plague hahaha

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see. He's been on the decline stats wise for awhile now. His peak was 2017-2018. 

2020 and 21 were his top 2  years for TD production.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

I hate how everything is skewed by the fantasy/gambling lens. We don’t need Thielen to put up 100 catches and 1200 yards(sure that would be nice) that’s not his role here.  Move the chains on 3rd down, get open in the red zone and help the young receivers learn the ropes 🤷‍♂️ 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, panthers55 said:

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/analysis/thielen-forecasted

Without Jefferson opposite him, the fantasy  prediction is for a big drop off. With the goal to spread things around, will it matter a lot that we don't have a definitive number 1?  Last year he had over a hundred targets and caught 70 of them. Thoughts on whether we go to him more or less..

Wouldn’t be surprised but this is just pure garbage. 

56 minutes ago, RJK said:

I hate how everything is skewed by the fantasy/gambling lens. We don’t need Thielen to put up 100 catches and 1200 yards(sure that would be nice) that’s not his role here.  Move the chains on 3rd down, get open in the red zone and help the young receivers learn the ropes 🤷‍♂️ 

The dude could have 200 for 2,000 yards this year and the facts you mentioned would change. He’s not here to be a super star. He’s here to work in the scheme provided and I think he, if he’s grown up a bit, will do just that. 

One thing I think many haven't said about him is. What he means to the group. His leadership in helping the young wide receivers run proper routes will be invaluable. Adam is a fantastic route runner and is a clutch receiver. 

The philosophy of spreading the ball around will give him plenty of one on one opportunities and I believe he will have solid numbers this season.  I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a favorite target for Young.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1