• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bring BOA Back to Life

chknwing

it will start to change this year.

a lot of excitement in the team (except for that grumpy constipated minority that is still whining over Bryce). 

this team is going to start winning games soon and will be getting a lot of love from the media because of Bryce and Reich. 

just be ready, because that means an influx of bandwagon fans (which is ok because most of us were bandwagon fans at one point). 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

just be ready, because that means an influx of bandwagon fans (which is ok because most of us were bandwagon fans at one point). 

Deja Vu Echo GIF by Aurora Consulting - EIDL Consulting

I'm ok with bandwagon fans.  (except secret patriot fans) 

Much better than the "everything and everyone sucks" fans that losing brings to the board.

Edited by RenoCarolina
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, Basbear said:

@RoaringRiot lead us please!

I pied this but really think this is the best and most economical way to show support.  I can't get to every game and give a lot of credit to those that can and the original PSL'ers.  

I'm not a big drinker or partier so I do have some issues with Roaring Riot but the original premise that Zack and friends started is still golden.  Even if I don't attend the parties or tailgates I support "changing the culture".  A strong Roaring Riot only benefits the game day experience so I re-up every year.  Of course winning will change things also but as cheesy as a fan club may seem there was nothing like marching into the stadium "en masse" in Jacksonville on one trip.  Or marching and singing through the streets of London years ago.  Still gives me chills.  

Kudos to @chknwing for bringing this topic up but would like to hear tangible solutions to how a normal fan can help bring boa back to life and I still think @RoaringRiot is a great way to contribute individually.

Edited by RenoCarolina
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 3

May or may not be that Charlotte residents are fans of other teams...I find that to be likely as it's a "new" city and a banking one at that.

Would tend to bring in a lot of NY, NJ, and DC....add in it's one of busiest/easiest airports in the US to get in and out of, and opposing fans in the stadium doesn't surprise me.

But, end of the day, we are an expansion NFL team in the South, which is dominated by college football and basketball....and not so much pro sports.

RR does a great job, and I'd recommend to everyone to support it if you can.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, NAS said:

Have you been to a Charlotte FC game? It’s a party, the opposite of the Panthers games even at half the capacity.  Whoever is running the show for Charlotte FC should be handling Panthers games

The supporter sections for any pro soccer/futbol match blows away any other sport in terms of fan noise and pride. I'd expect nothing less from Charlotte's supporter sections.

7 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The supporter sections for any pro soccer/futbol match blows away any other sport in terms of fan noise and pride. I'd expect nothing less from Charlotte's supporter sections.

Other than a lack of flags, banners, noisemakers... there's nothing stopping a dedicated collection of Panthers fans from doing this in BOA.

10 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Other than a lack of flags, banners, noisemakers... there's nothing stopping a dedicated collection of Panthers fans from doing this in BOA.

Yep ... but unless we're in the Playoffs or go 15-1 you won't see it. So I go back to my original point ...

7 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I was just thinking that's exactly why everyone and their brother has been moving here in droves for the past quarter century. People can't resist the temptation to live in shitty places with nothing to offer.

I lived in CLT for 18 years. I stand by my statement. People are also moving in droves to Texas btw.

Back in the day when the atmosphere was ok fans didn't expect so many frills. They came to watch a game. That seems to have changed and the expectation is for a bunch of frills and distractions. Great for revenue but not so good for the atmosphere.

Everyone loves a winner and the team hasn't been a winner for a good long while now.

The whole gosh dangit small market Mayberry thing isn't accurate anymore. It may have been back when there wasn't a team logo on the field, back when old man Richardson had his row of white rocking chairs out there on Sunday morning, and fans could enjoy some relaxing times and sweet tea before the game, which was an actual thing, but that is in the past.

5 win seasons after 5 win seasons after 5 win seasons, and so on, makes a lot of people stay home.