• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we stop blaming Kasey

Panther53521

16 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

20 years later you decide to make your stand and you can’t even spell the guys name right lol.

I'll cut him some slack on that, because I think I bollixed it in another thread earlier about several factors leading to the Pats championships (and how they could have easily gone the other way).  Hell, that may have been the post that set him off, but if so, he has a thin skin on the subject. 

Who knows what happens if that kickoff stays inbounds?  The only guess we have is that if they had gone to OT, it would have probably gone to two since nobody could score in odd-numbered periods and nobody could stop anybody in even-numbered ones.  I guess whoever got the ball first in OT#2 would have been the winner.

8 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

It was a bad kick but Kasay won us half of our games that year. It's no guarantee we would have stopped Brady anyway. The defense was fighting like hell to get 3rd down stops at that point. You know since they knew our fuging plays and everything. 

I do remember him losing us a game vs the Eagles in 2003. Literally would have won if Karsey made all his kicks. So he was capable of being bad at the wrong time. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've had him on ignore for just as long. The problem is everyone wants to argue with him and quotes his lame ass.

It's always been this way. Too many ppl think they are capable of out Trolling a Troll. Well, that and the fact that we have more than our fair share of Trolls to begin with.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

kasay blames himself.  His words, "It's my job to kick it into the end zone,"  Football is a game that can come down to inches and the smallest of mistakes.  That was a pretty big mistake.  I was on the "laces out" bandwagon for awhile but Kasay has moved forward and we should to.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

Everyone makes mistakes. The man snapped his kneecap in half and still came back. 

It is a little like people blaming Sam Norwood for the loss when he missed the potential game-winning FG for the Bills against the Giants in Owl XXV in 1991.  Nevermind the fact that the league average in 1990 for FGs from 40-49 yards was about 62%, in many minds he missed a chip shot.

• Pie 1

I will never blame or credit 1 player in a 60+ minute game that features 22 starters and even more players who contribute significantly in rotational snaps and special teams. That said, Kasay picked a horrible time to have a major gaffe and will probably never live it down. Just a massive choke. We don't know what would've happened if he had kicked it inbounds, maybe they still score but maybe they don't. Doesn't matter as it's all runway behind us at this point. Plenty of other plays could've gone slightly different and changed the entire game as well. Kasay was overall an incredible kicker for us and I'll remember him fondly but won't forget the out of bounds kickoff.